Dr. James Mcwilliam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 19 reviews

August 3rd, 2016
Reconstructed both of my feet. Excellent surgeon. Great staff.

June 26th, 2016
Totally UNPROFESSIONAl BUTCHERY !
I was told I would get 4 screws in my ankle.After my surgery the pain was so bad I wished to die ! I went 5 days without 1 hour of sleep.His secretary Maria never returned any phone call back ever .I begged to be called back,please ! No calls back ever for 5 days ! I was told I would get 4 screws in my ankle by Dr J McWilliams.I went to the emergency room from the pain after 5 days.Where I was told there were 24 SCREWS NOT 4 AS HE TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE ! He chopped me up like an OMAHA STEAK ! He never informed me to get medication to sleep from my doctor so I was left to suffer ! HE HAS MY REVIEWS TAKEN OUT OR CHANGED DON'T ASK ME HOW ! I was even blocked out at one time ! He's a liar ! I was put into a storage room to change & put my boot on because , the room was needed for another patient.He does everything as fast as possible not spending the proper time with the patient,rush you in rush you out ! ! Today I am 100 % disabled so roll your dice with this doctor like Atlantic City Or Go else where YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ! ! He honestly don't care ! Other than getting as many patients out faster than you got in ! He must have been clinical trained at OMAHA STEAK FACTORY !

June 7th, 2016
Infection
Lets make this easy.... Ask the doctor about his rate of infection. Ask the Health Department, or the hospitals he works in. If you develop an infection, be prepared for the doctor to blame you, and treat you like you don't deserve to be helped.

February 15th, 2016
Very Likeable and Friendly. Visit was too quick, not enough time for me to ask questions about my problem. Didn't say too much. Just needs to spend a little more time with patients.

October 29th, 2015
fixed broken ankle and ligaments
I broke my ankle and ligaments playing soccer. I was told in hospital that I wouldnt be able to play soccer again. After 6 months I am back playing. His office is very nice.

October 12th, 2015
Achilles tendon injury
I was told that I needed an Achilles tendon repair. I saw him because he has apparently invented a minimal technique that works well and allows for early activity. He said that based upon my age and activity, I would do just as well without surgery. He was right. I am doing everything that I did before surgery, even more due to the physical therapy he prescribed.

October 7th, 2015
Hey I'm Walking!
Dr. James R McWilliam is highly intelligent in his knowledge of feet and ankles. He is kind and did everything to get me to walk, it took a while because my foot was a mess. It took rehabilitation, and lots of physical therapy, and here I am, 3 years later, my foot and ankle in good shape. I only wish the surgery could have been under general anesthesia, because it was frightening for me, but they had it under control. Thank you Dr. McWilliam and good luck in your future work!

September 5th, 2015
NO PROFESSIONALISM AT ALL !
He told me he was putting 4 screws in my leg But after going to St Barnabus Hospital, they told me I had 24 screws.Dr McWilliams is a butcher !🔪

July 30th, 2015
excellent professional back by a stellar team

December 27th, 2014
fixed our daughter's ankle!
Helped our daugther return to gymnastics after missing over a year from ankle ligament tears. Went back to sports 3 months after surgery. Other doctors told her to stop playing. We are all really happy!

December 9th, 2014
Amazing Foot and ankle surgeon. He helped me walk again without pain

April 9th, 2013
I would just like to say that the 3 girls in the back (curly hair, red head, and short hair) who help the doctors are absolutely amazing, helpful, skillful, and have great relationships with patients!!!! specialty ortho wouldn't be the same without all 3 :)