Internists

100 Ucla Medical Plz
Ste 455
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-794-7350
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Mcf on Sep 10th, 2014

Dr Polito is one of the best dr's I have ever known she is very smart knowledgeable meticulous she has an incredible bedside manner I would have my family see dr Polito

by Michael foley on Nov 14th, 2013

Amazing physician with awesome bedside manners best dr I've ever had

Oct 29th, 2013

Dr Polito has a nice bedside manner she didn't have a clue how to help me average doctor

|  This MD is a Rare Daisy in a Field of Flowers  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2013

I think we all have feelings about the way we are treated by staff and MD's. This UCLA MD is pure perfection at its best. She goes the extra mile to help. Appreciate her for her extraordinary knowledge in the medical field. It's hard to find a really good MD that will roll up their sleeves and just be there for their patients. She spends time with me & answers my questions, and takes care of me and all my complex medical issues. You are very lucky to have her as your MD, so treat her well with respect & appreciation.

|  Horrible office staff  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Polito since I turned 18, and I'm disappointed in how lousy her staff has become. Dr. Polito is a great doctor, but I can never manage to see her because when I do happen to schedule an appointment (4-6 months in advance, which is just ridiculous), something always comes up. For example, recently I had a physical scheduled 6 months in advance and there was this new office secretary who called me on my cell and told me that they were canceling my appointment. Fine. It shouldn't be that hard to schedule an appointment with your general physician, because when I tried to reschedule this appointment, it was not until 6 months after that when I could schedule a new appointment. I actually needed to see her. It had been 2 years by that point that I hadn't seen her. Is this quality service at UCLA? Shondra is the only great office personnel left there, she at least TRIED to reschedule my appointment. There is a new woman there who is extremely rude and her name is Patricia I believe. When I asked her to please check again and see if any other doctor in the building could see me due to an urgent matter, she said "I'm not lying to you." I didn't accuse her lying. I couldn't believe how unprofessional she was. Dr. Polito has been an amazing doctor, but because of her unprofessional staff and impossible to schedule appointments, I will not be going back to her again.

|  Great dr friendly caring physician  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

Dr Polito is an amazing physician best PCP I ever had she's very caring warm meticulous does what's needed to come up with a proper diagnosis the staff is very good I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family

|  Competent But A Bit Cold  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I have some complex medical issues which Dr. Polito is working to sort out with me. She is very thorough, logical and systematic and she does follow up. Knows her stuff but really has no bedside manner at all beyond a vague smile. Dr. Polito is a bit introverted but she is the doctor for you if you value competence over empathy. Dr. Polito was very helpful in identifying specialists for follow up on specific medical issues.

|  TERRIBLE Physician  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

Dr. Polito saw me for a general checkup a few months ago. She was very curt with me and only allowed me to give her my 'three top symptoms', stating that if I had more complaints I would need to make another appointment (and hence, pay another co-pay). She spent less than 7 minutes with me after I had waited 3 weeks to be seen. She did not alleviate any of my concerns about my symptoms; I complained of a persistent cough and her response was 'I don't have a crystal ball so we're going to try several different medications on you to see what works'. And I was prescribed FOUR MEDICATIONS. She was also extremely reluctant to refer me to a specialist for my allergy symptoms.Highly unprofessional and to-date, the worst doctor's visit I have ever had. I am never going back; it's no wonder that she is one of the few physicians at UCLA who is always 'Accepting New Patients'.

Nov 10th, 2011

Dr. Polito (Jamie) is an amazingly caring and sharp doctor for her surprisingly short time in practice. She has the concern and touch of that old country doctor portrayed on the movies whale having the current know how only a new doctor could have.

Aug 2nd, 2011

This was one of the worst offices I've been to. Dr. Polito was very nice and polite. All I came in for was a physical exam. My appointment was scheduled for 10:45, I got there at 10:15 since I was a new patient. I wasn't seen until 11:15. When I came back in 3 days to pick up my completed physical form, I had to wait 15 minutes to even get called back. One nurse is very rude and not personable; I cannot recall her name. The receptionist was not helpful AT ALL! She was rude and didn't seem to work with a sense of urgency with me or any other patients that walked in. When asked a nurse about a certain test that was done, she gave me no information and her response was "we just have to do some more tests" You do not send a patient home not knowing anything that's going home. You do some teaching (I am a 4th year nursing student, I know). I'm used to a little better customer service. I will not be returning to this office if I don't have to.

|  She is the best PCP I've ever met  |  show details
by se park on May 7th, 2010

She is really good doctor.I'm so lucky that I met her as my PCP.