Dr. Jamie Polito MD Patient Reviews

January 19th, 2015
Excellent doctor.

January 8th, 2015
Amazing doctor
Simply amazing best internal medicine dr highly recommended

September 10th, 2014
Great doctor
Dr Polito is one of the best dr's I have ever known she is very smart knowledgeable meticulous she has an incredible bedside manner I would have my family see dr Polito

November 14th, 2013
Amazing physician with awesome bedside manners best dr I've ever had

October 29th, 2013
Dr Polito has a nice bedside manner she didn't have a clue how to help me average doctor

October 25th, 2013
This MD is a Rare Daisy in a Field of Flowers
I think we all have feelings about the way we are treated by staff and MD's. This UCLA MD is pure perfection at its best. She goes the extra mile to help. Appreciate her for her extraordinary knowledge in the medical field. It's hard to find a really good MD that will roll up their sleeves and just be there for their patients. She spends time with me & answers my questions, and takes care of me and all my complex medical issues. You are very lucky to have her as your MD, so treat her well with respect & appreciation.

September 8th, 2013
Horrible office staff
I have been going to Dr. Polito since I turned 18, and I'm disappointed in how lousy her staff has become. Dr. Polito is a great doctor, but I can never manage to see her because when I do happen to schedule an appointment (4-6 months in advance, which is just ridiculous), something always comes up. For example, recently I had a physical scheduled 6 months in advance and there was this new office secretary who called me on my cell and told me that they were canceling my appointment. Fine. It shouldn't be that hard to schedule an appointment with your general physician, because when I tried to reschedule this appointment, it was not until 6 months after that when I could schedule a new appointment. I actually needed to see her. It had been 2 years by that point that I hadn't seen her. Is this quality service at UCLA? Shondra is the only great office personnel left there, she at least TRIED to reschedule my appointment. There is a new woman there who is extremely rude and her name is Patricia I believe. When I asked her to please check again and see if any other doctor in the building could see me due to an urgent matter, she said "I'm not lying to you." I didn't accuse her lying. I couldn't believe how unprofessional she was. Dr. Polito has been an amazing doctor, but because of her unprofessional staff and impossible to schedule appointments, I will not be going back to her again.

October 18th, 2012
Great dr friendly caring physician
Dr Polito is an amazing physician best PCP I ever had she's very caring warm meticulous does what's needed to come up with a proper diagnosis the staff is very good I would definitely recommend her to my friends and family

March 19th, 2012
Competent But A Bit Cold
I have some complex medical issues which Dr. Polito is working to sort out with me. She is very thorough, logical and systematic and she does follow up. Knows her stuff but really has no bedside manner at all beyond a vague smile. Dr. Polito is a bit introverted but she is the doctor for you if you value competence over empathy. Dr. Polito was very helpful in identifying specialists for follow up on specific medical issues.

January 24th, 2012
TERRIBLE Physician
Dr. Polito saw me for a general checkup a few months ago. She was very curt with me and only allowed me to give her my 'three top symptoms', stating that if I had more complaints I would need to make another appointment (and hence, pay another co-pay). She spent less than 7 minutes with me after I had waited 3 weeks to be seen. She did not alleviate any of my concerns about my symptoms; I complained of a persistent cough and her response was 'I don't have a crystal ball so we're going to try several different medications on you to see what works'. And I was prescribed FOUR MEDICATIONS. She was also extremely reluctant to refer me to a specialist for my allergy symptoms.Highly unprofessional and to-date, the worst doctor's visit I have ever had. I am never going back; it's no wonder that she is one of the few physicians at UCLA who is always 'Accepting New Patients'.