Family Practitioner, Emergency Physician, Neurological Surgeon

2601 Oswell St
Ste 101
Bakersfield, CA 93306
661-872-9999
Locations and availability (3)

|  FEDERAL OVERREACH  |  show details
by STU MAGOO on May 12th, 2014

please don't give in to these federal thugs trying to shut u down. i have never been to your practice but heard about this fed intervention on the radio and i just hope that we (this community) step up and support you in fighting this BS. don't give in to the power hungry socialist federal thugs whatever you do PLEASE.

|  He is one of the best...  |  show details
by Merrylynn W. on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Mensink really cares about his patients. He talks to you directly, very factual. He listens and does whatever it takes to figure out the prognosis. His new office "The Practice" proves that he is trying to make it a better world. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Office Manager  |  show details
by Wanda Kolbert on Feb 12th, 2013

Dr Mensink is no longer with Bakersfield Neuroscience And Spine Inst he has his own Practice The Practice 2920 F St. Suite D7 Bakersfield, CA 93301 661-871-3300

|  show details
Sep 29th, 2012

I truly believe God sent me to Dr. Mensink today. I have a rare birth defect that has effected me on and off for years. He told me more in the first 5 minutes than any doctor has in the past 27 years of my life. He sat things up and has me on a plan to have surgery to be healed. I am very thankful that there are still caring, Christian people in this world who are there to help people. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a wonderful doctor!

|  TAMBRA HEAD  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

AWSOME DR AWSOME NURSE.

|  Best Doctor I have ever had.  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

This is the most caring doctor I have ever had. If it wasnt for Dr. Mensink, I would be dead today. He found my brain anerusyms and assisted Dr. Rahimifar in removing them. I also asked him to pray with me and he did so. He is a very caring, generous man. And I thank God everyday that he is my doctor. He has assisted in 2 surgeries performed on me. And we have 1 more to go. Thank you Dr. Mensink for saving my life.

|  Love This Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

My Husband Christopher Carleton is a patient of Dr. Mensink. I am an Aflac Agent. I go to all the appointments, schedule them, drive my husband to the office, and interact with all the staff there. I am very involved not only with his staff but Dr. Mensink himself. This is a Christian based practice, where nothing but the best bedside manner has ever came from him, not only from the visits, also from his assistance in the surgery with specialist Dr. Rahimifar who is also just as special. Both of these men and their staff gave my husband his life back. He has Anklyosing Spondylitis, and Spina Bifida. Had back surgery in Nov. 24, 2010, and the difference is night and day. Dr Mensink has seen him for all of his follow up visit's, all of his therepy, and if my husband needed to lose a few pounds, he told him, not to put him down, but because he had to rebuild his back. There wasnt enough spine to connect the hardware to when they opened him up. For this surgery to be successful, Chris had to stay under a certain weight, and stay active, or the metal in his back wouldn't hold. I believe it took a true man out of pure love and committment to his patient to say something so personal. He prescribed swim therepy, which is non impact, and low and behold, you use every muscle in your body for this, and the weight comes off. In fairness, this is a highly sought after physicians office. It is not KMC, a county ran facility. The doctor's here are the best in the country and beyond, and continue their education to stay as such. I trust each person reading this will do their due diligence in picking out their doctor before just trusting what is written here. Look at the licensing board, etc. Just so it's out there, each has their own faith, and they do pray before each surgery, and proceedure. Now that in itself makes me feel alittle more at ease, than nothing at all. Doe's your current medical staff feel like this, even if they don't know you, or are you just another number??Heidi Carleton