Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  patient  |  show details
by Rachel on Jul 2nd, 2014

Jane Spiegel is caring, thorough and easy to talk to. She's been my doctor for 20 years, and I can honestly say I love her as a person and as a physician. She's special.

|  Empathetic and Knowledgeable  |  show details
by Tim S on Dec 10th, 2013

In an era of 30 minute waits followed by drive by visits from MDs who don't know or care to know their patients, Dr. Jane is the exception. She is a kind, caring woman, with a very gentle bedside manner and a relaxed but focused approach to your problem. She spends the time to go over everything, answers questions graciously and really makes sure that you're taken care of. I've been with her for 20 years and hope that she doesn't retire any time soon! Her front desk assistant Sylvia is an extraordinary person who goes out of her way to make sure things are taken care of, rushes handled, appointments juggled to get you in and your health improved. together they set the standard for patient care in the Santa Monica/West LA area.

|  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

a wonderful caring doctor with excellent diagnosing skills

|  She Saved My Life  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2011

Literally. I am not exaggerating.When I was in my early '20s, I suffered from a case of Crohn's disease that had ulcerated and scarred my duodenum so extensively that my stomach was entirely blocked. I had lost so much weight that I was forced to receive blood transfusions every few months. I was clearly dying.Jane took an interest in my case and arranged for the appropriate specialists, oversaw my surgery, and conducted the follow up. She cared for me as though I was a member of her family.That was 30 years ago. Since then, I have led a full and enjoyable life. If it hadn't been for Jane Spiegel, I would never have met my children.It's really that simple.Frank Howard

|  Best Old Fashioned Doctor Who Keeps Up  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

I have been going to Jane for twenty years or so. I can't believe this much time has gone by. She's just the best. Super sweet. Well meaning. Takes her medicine seriously through, and if you're kinda Internet wild like me she balances all of that out with her intelligent conservative approach.She takes a wee bit of time to get to know but once you're a patient she loves you, she just doesn't want to show it.I never have to wait, ever.I adore her nurse/receptionist and I simply think she's the best.She's also incredibly wise,kind, well-meaning and a serious humanitarian. Guess you can tell I love the gal.

|  show details