Dr. Janice Saal Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Janice Saal?

When bad reviews happen to good doctors

Posted on November 8th, 2017

I had a completely different experience with Dr Saal. She listened, responded to my questions and was supportive and kind before and after my surgery. My surgical results were good. I cannot fathom these reviews and wonder whether several were written by the same patient with a grudge.

Rude, wrong, and lacking in compassion

Posted on July 1st, 2017

I had the misfortune of seeing Dr. Saal about five years ago, when she worked at Harvard. She interrupted me as I tried to explain the issue, told me I shouldn't question those who knew better than I did (meaning herself), and sent me on my way with some pills. Things didn't get better, however, and a few days later, I had to go to ER and undergo a surgical operation for the very problem she claimed I didn't have. She is rude, imperious, unkind, and just a terrible, terrible doctor.

Rude, wrong, and lacking in compassion

Posted on July 1st, 2017

Posted on May 23rd, 2015

Exceptional

Misdiagnosis

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Dr. Saal misdiagnosed me (a serious and life threatening diagnosis) Thank God for a second opinion. Avoid her.

Avoid Dr. Saal

Posted on April 3rd, 2013

Rude, impatient, lacking in heart and compassion. The contrast between Dr. Saal--who I encountered as the on-call physician one weekend for my surgeon's medical practice--and my primary surgeon (polite, kind, compassionate, sympathetic, non-judgemental, extremely skilled, willing to go extra miles for his patients when warranted) could not have been more stark. I would agree with other negative reviews: AVOID DR. SAAL. Seek other providers.

based on my experience

Posted on June 25th, 2012

this doctor has poor judgement and skills as a surgeon. My health got worse after her treatment. I wish I could switch to another surgeon at that time.

Posted on January 13th, 2012

With something better at every other hospital, it is not clear why she seems to think so highly of herself. Routine evaluation was a bust and a second opinion at a better hospital a must.

Posted on October 8th, 2017