Dr. Janice Saal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Janice Saal?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Janice Saal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 1st, 2017

Rude, wrong, and lacking in compassion

I had the misfortune of seeing Dr. Saal about five years ago, when she worked at Harvard. She interrupted me as I tried to explain the issue, told me I shouldn't question those who knew better than I did (meaning herself), and sent me on my way with some pills. Things didn't get better, however, and a few days later, I had to go to ER and undergo a surgical operation for the very problem she claimed I didn't have. She is rude, imperious, unkind, and just a terrible, terrible doctor.

July 1st, 2017

Rude, wrong, and lacking in compassion

May 23rd, 2015

Exceptional

April 18th, 2013

Misdiagnosis

Dr. Saal misdiagnosed me (a serious and life threatening diagnosis) Thank God for a second opinion. Avoid her.

April 3rd, 2013

Avoid Dr. Saal

Rude, impatient, lacking in heart and compassion. The contrast between Dr. Saal--who I encountered as the on-call physician one weekend for my surgeon's medical practice--and my primary surgeon (polite, kind, compassionate, sympathetic, non-judgemental, extremely skilled, willing to go extra miles for his patients when warranted) could not have been more stark. I would agree with other negative reviews: AVOID DR. SAAL. Seek other providers.

February 25th, 2013

Dr. Saal works at Harvard University Health Services, which is where I had the misfortune of encountering her. She is rude, judgmental, and highly unprofessional, and her health advice was totally off (as I discovered after having to go to ER a few days later). Avoid at all costs.

June 25th, 2012

based on my experience

this doctor has poor judgement and skills as a surgeon. My health got worse after her treatment. I wish I could switch to another surgeon at that time.

January 13th, 2012

With something better at every other hospital, it is not clear why she seems to think so highly of herself. Routine evaluation was a bust and a second opinion at a better hospital a must.

July 7th, 2015