Dr. Jaswant Khokhar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 11th, 2013
Terrible Dr
I went to him due to panic disorder and GAD. He was very rude and condescending almost like he was provoking me to get angry. He tried several times to rx me meds that I've already tried ( from him ) at 1 point he yelled at me about my personal history in the dang waiting room. I'm guessing these other reviews are done by his family or staff IDK but please don't see this man

May 3rd, 2013
Awesome!!!!
I love Dr. Khokar!!! He has been awesome in my treatment plan

April 22nd, 2013
Client
Dr. Khokhar is a very good physician who's prescriptions are powerful and who's assessment is correct. But he didn't give me enough time to talk, and he let me wait too long. Or I have no other comment.

April 22nd, 2013
Patient
I love Dr. Khokhar taking care of my mental issues: schizoaffective disorder & cocaine dependence. I like his prescribed medications improving me instantly and persistently. He always uses his humor to reveal my bad behaviors and his encouragement to facilitate my commitment. I've never stopped taking medications. It doesn't 't mean there were no side effects on me, just I was given the medication educations, all SEs were in my expectation. I also told how to identify them , minimize them and manage them. During the treatment time, I lost sexual gratification and my sugar went up with significant weight gain. Dr. Khokhar switched me on different medications with slowly tapering down means, adding a supportive medication for it.

April 8th, 2013
Patient
My psychiatrist, dr. Khokhar has been taking care of me for 6 years. He stabilizes my mental conditions w/ only mood stabilizer and antipsychotic medications. He maintains my medical health conditions by checking on my blood work once a year. He educates me with medication side effects and how to identify them and prevent them from happen. He is a very knowledgable doctor with very efficient way. I becomes employed right after being treated by him about 6 months. I feel like he is not only my doctor, but also my spiritual supporter. I never become scared anymore since he is always available to support me. He works every weekdays, rarely taking off from work because he cares about his patients!!

April 6th, 2013
THE BEST DOCTOR IVE EVER HAD!
Most Doctors just sit there ask a few questions and just say "Hey Take two of these and call the office in the morning. Dr. Khokhar really was able to not only empathize with what i needed for a better "Quality" Of life ............living up to his "Hippocratic Oath!" His true charisma shines as he puts your thinking into his way of thinking Great Job Dr.! And yes the few pills you did give me are really a working asset in my life ! You found that i was miss diagnosed all my life since i had a Dx! You da MAN! You worked a true miracle i cannot thank you enough!

Patient
I'm 15 years old being Dr. Khokhar's patient since I was 7. I can say my successful academic achievement is contributed to doctor Khokhar's wonderful help:) My parents, my teachers, my friends are so content and happy for my psychiatrist. He is the best child and adolescent psychiatrist in town! My mother says he talks slightly loud, but this is his pattern. My kindly comment is : dear doctor Khokhar, if you talk a little bit soft, you will be the perfect doctor. But we even enjoy your voices that is attractive to my attention. I love you, doctor Khokhar. Long life Dr.Khokhar!

Patient
Dr. Khokhar is easily accessible and reliable. I feel free to tell him everything although his schedule is so tight. He's always considerate conveying life saving help. Sometimes I get a moment of panic attacks with feeling of passing out and losing control, I always call him who is always available to support at any time providing enough critical education and brief counseling. I feel sorry to bother him at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, but he never delayed to respond to me. He treats patient like to treat his family. More importantly, he is the doctor really know how to manage the medications. I used to want to become a female with urgent need to cut up my "private parts" throughout all the day long, I have stopped thinking this since ever taking his prescribed medications. I didn't have any dislike things to tell. He is the best MD!

Consumer
Dr. Khokhar carries the heaviest patients' load. He provides the efficient care to patients. He became my psychiatrist in 2004. He delivers accurate assessment/diagnoses with only a few medications. Therefore, my anxiety attacks and chronic suicidal thoughts are getting under control. He didn't use addictive medications and his medications never were overlapped and overdosed. Taking his medications makes you feel safe whereas to increase your compliance and eliminate your in-hospitalization risks, which save a huge money for government and insurance companies...

M.D.
Dr. Khokhar is enriched with psychopharmacology, general psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry and geriatric psychiatry. He has my life back. He is modest, straightforward, empathy and sympathy. He is the psychiatrist I prefer to refer to my friends and family members.

Patient
Dr. Khokhar is intelligent, kind, full with solid medical and psychiatric knowledge! He is the psychiatrist of choice. He has been taking care of My family for 5 years! We are blessed to have him. My PTSD and OCD are under control with his medication management.

Patient
I think Dr. Khokhar is an excellent Psychiatrist. My mental conditions has been well managed by his professional care. It only takes a few visits to tell a significant improvement. I've tried many psychiatrists from different places such as USC, UCLA and UCSD without receiving substantial help. Now, I find him. He is the best psychiatrist to introduce to my family and friends:)