Psychiatrist

6001 Truxtun Ave
Ste 160
Bakersfield, CA 93309
661-323-6410
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Terrible Dr  |  show details
by Chris on Dec 11th, 2013

I went to him due to panic disorder and GAD. He was very rude and condescending almost like he was provoking me to get angry. He tried several times to rx me meds that I've already tried ( from him ) at 1 point he yelled at me about my personal history in the dang waiting room. I'm guessing these other reviews are done by his family or staff IDK but please don't see this man

|  Awesome!!!!  |  show details
by Sammy K. on May 3rd, 2013

I love Dr. Khokar!!! He has been awesome in my treatment plan

|  Client  |  show details
by Mary Lee on Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Khokhar is a very good physician who's prescriptions are powerful and who's assessment is correct. But he didn't give me enough time to talk, and he let me wait too long. Or I have no other comment.

by Peter on Apr 22nd, 2013

I love Dr. Khokhar taking care of my mental issues: schizoaffective disorder & cocaine dependence. I like his prescribed medications improving me instantly and persistently. He always uses his humor to reveal my bad behaviors and his encouragement to facilitate my commitment. I've never stopped taking medications. It doesn't 't mean there were no side effects on me, just I was given the medication educations, all SEs were in my expectation. I also told how to identify them , minimize them and manage them. During the treatment time, I lost sexual gratification and my sugar went up with significant weight gain. Dr. Khokhar switched me on different medications with slowly tapering down means, adding a supportive medication for it.

Apr 8th, 2013

My psychiatrist, dr. Khokhar has been taking care of me for 6 years. He stabilizes my mental conditions w/ only mood stabilizer and antipsychotic medications. He maintains my medical health conditions by checking on my blood work once a year. He educates me with medication side effects and how to identify them and prevent them from happen. He is a very knowledgable doctor with very efficient way. I becomes employed right after being treated by him about 6 months. I feel like he is not only my doctor, but also my spiritual supporter. I never become scared anymore since he is always available to support me. He works every weekdays, rarely taking off from work because he cares about his patients!!

|  THE BEST DOCTOR IVE EVER HAD!  |  show details
by Christopher Martin on Apr 6th, 2013

Most Doctors just sit there ask a few questions and just say "Hey Take two of these and call the office in the morning. Dr. Khokhar really was able to not only empathize with what i needed for a better "Quality" Of life ............living up to his "Hippocratic Oath!" His true charisma shines as he puts your thinking into his way of thinking Great Job Dr.! And yes the few pills you did give me are really a working asset in my life ! You found that i was miss diagnosed all my life since i had a Dx! You da MAN! You worked a true miracle i cannot thank you enough!

by Maria on Apr 2nd, 2013

No doubt, Dr. Khokhar is a nice psychiatrist who stabilizes my mood and sustains my follow up care. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2006. Before taking his prescribed medications, I have no inside and feelings; I came to his office without wearing underwear and I felt that he is so attractive that I asked him to close the door, have sex with me! He said you can't have any sex with people who is not your sexual partner. You may stop this kind of disorganized thoughts or urges after taking my medications. Don't worry, I still take care of you. This is not your fault, this is your mental conditions... He is so professional and sympathy with confirmed boundary line with his patients. I sometimes come to his clinic just wishing to see him and say high to him. His handsome figure is very attractive. Of course, his psychiatric knowledge and clinic based practice is wonderful. He is the doctor whom I prefer to recommend to you by heart:) Now, I am a married woman with stable job. I understand the boundary importance learnt from his education. I have to say sorry to him for my inappropriate behavior to him. He didn't throw me away when I was posting sexual fantasy threat to him. Remember, doctor has a right to choose patient as well.

by Eddie on Apr 2nd, 2013

I'm 15 years old being Dr. Khokhar's patient since I was 7. I can say my successful academic achievement is contributed to doctor Khokhar's wonderful help:) My parents, my teachers, my friends are so content and happy for my psychiatrist. He is the best child and adolescent psychiatrist in town! My mother says he talks slightly loud, but this is his pattern. My kindly comment is : dear doctor Khokhar, if you talk a little bit soft, you will be the perfect doctor. But we even enjoy your voices that is attractive to my attention. I love you, doctor Khokhar. Long life Dr.Khokhar!

by Joshua on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Khokhar is easily accessible and reliable. I feel free to tell him everything although his schedule is so tight. He's always considerate conveying life saving help. Sometimes I get a moment of panic attacks with feeling of passing out and losing control, I always call him who is always available to support at any time providing enough critical education and brief counseling. I feel sorry to bother him at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, but he never delayed to respond to me. He treats patient like to treat his family. More importantly, he is the doctor really know how to manage the medications. I used to want to become a female with urgent need to cut up my "private parts" throughout all the day long, I have stopped thinking this since ever taking his prescribed medications. I didn't have any dislike things to tell. He is the best MD!

|  Consumer  |  show details
by QQ on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Khokhar carries the heaviest patients' load. He provides the efficient care to patients. He became my psychiatrist in 2004. He delivers accurate assessment/diagnoses with only a few medications. Therefore, my anxiety attacks and chronic suicidal thoughts are getting under control. He didn't use addictive medications and his medications never were overlapped and overdosed. Taking his medications makes you feel safe whereas to increase your compliance and eliminate your in-hospitalization risks, which save a huge money for government and insurance companies...

|  M.D.  |  show details
by Pt on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Khokhar is enriched with psychopharmacology, general psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry and geriatric psychiatry. He has my life back. He is modest, straightforward, empathy and sympathy. He is the psychiatrist I prefer to refer to my friends and family members.

by Patient on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Khokhar is intelligent, kind, full with solid medical and psychiatric knowledge! He is the psychiatrist of choice. He has been taking care of My family for 5 years! We are blessed to have him. My PTSD and OCD are under control with his medication management.

Apr 2nd, 2013

I think Dr. Khokhar is an excellent Psychiatrist. My mental conditions has been well managed by his professional care. It only takes a few visits to tell a significant improvement. I've tried many psychiatrists from different places such as USC, UCLA and UCSD without receiving substantial help. Now, I find him. He is the best psychiatrist to introduce to my family and friends:)

|  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

i think he is good doc he has knowledge of psychiatry psych meds and psych diagonsis and spend time withpatients and followed it up and i am very happy with him

|  Terrible Dr  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

He is easy to see as after a visit or 2 people want to change Dr's he is very rude and tries to give meds that already have failed, to be honest Im not sure how he still is employedf. He wanted to treat anxiety with seroquel and my dumbass did it and it totally ruined my life for a month and made me use all my sick time because I couldnt get out of bed, when I told him this his reply was "no" I felt like telling him to take 100mg of seroquel and see if he makes it on time the next day!. He is just a horrible Dr and honestly that whole place is dirty. I never thought indian's made good psychs do to the cast system but he takes the cake. Please go elsewhere

|  Among the worst of psychiatrists  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

My first appointment with this doctor lasted 15 minutes, which is not enough time to take a history, diagnose a mental disorder, and lay out a treatment plan. Because I have moved due to school and work, I have had several psychiatrists, and all scheduled at least 45 minutes for the intake appointment. I found the waiting room at this large practice very noisy. This added to my anxiety about seeing a new pdoc. During the appointment he would ask questions and before I even finished my sentence he would be asking the next question. This made me even more tense, to the point where he noticed it and prescribed Klonopin. I have had an anxiety disorder in the past, but have not needed Klonopin in over two years. His manner and office environment created that much tension that he felt I needed Klonopin, and I wasn't given the choice about whether he wrote a prescription for it or not. I take Depakote to control my bipolar disorder, and this requires regular blood tests to check its' levels. He never asked when I had last had it performed, and did not order any blood work. My physician's assistant that I saw for an unrelated problem ordered it because they prescribe it for migraines and seizures. Dr. Khokhar also prescribed Wellbutrin because my mood was slightly low. However, when I attempted to tell him about my other medications he didn't want to hear about them. An SNRI like Wellbutrin can interact with triptans like Relpax, which I take for migraines. This interaction is potentially fatal if not treated in a timely fashion. Fortunately, a previous pdoc had told me about this interaction and I knew to watch for it. I had been tried on Wellbutrin previously and it had never worked for me. I told him that during the appointment and he didn't listen. The next meeting I told him it hadn't worked and he wanted to increase the dosage. I told him no. Then he tried to prescribe Celexa. I've also tried Celexa and it puts me to sleep. I told him no, and when I explained that it puts me to sleep, and that it was tried because it also helps with anxiety he seemed annoyed that I knew that. There was just an air of smugness in the room. Eventually he asked what works for me. That was the first time (3rd appt) that he'd done that. I have had 3 appointments with him and he's been consistently 30 minutes or more late each time, even though my appointments have been at 10 am or so. In short, I would never recommend this Dr. to anyone. He's rushed and doesn't seem to care. On the plus side it's easy to get an appointment (probably because no one stays his patient for long) and the office staff is nice. After 3 visits I'm done and will be starting with a new pdoc.