Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Still waiting show details Still waiting
by Deborah A. Carter on Jan 4th, 2016

I've had my knee replaced 3 times by other Dr's. And its lose again. My Dr. Referred me to Dr. Parvizi. I went for my first visit 1-7-15. I was told I needed to get it replaced again as soon as possible because it was messing up my bones. I was scheduled for surgery 2-10-15. Two days before surgery Dr. Parvizi called me and postponed the surgery because his researching what to use...its now a year later .I never hear from them. I call and leave messages telling them how much it hurts and try to find out when am I ever going to get fixed. Its very discouraging when you never hear back from them...I feel like they have forgotten about me. I would just like to get a response.

Doctor's Response

Dear Deborah, Our sincerest apologies for the lack of response by our office. Feel free to contact me directly and we will sort this out for you. I can be reached at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Lauren - Rothman Institute

Don't show details Don't
Oct 17th, 2015

AWFUL. Dr parvizi no longer cares about patient care. He delayed my care multiple times even though my diagnosis and course of treatment was very clear. Then, he refused to operate on me because I was too young, but I couldn't walk because my hip was partially dislocating with every step. He shoved me off to another doctor in the practice after wasting a ton of my time. This was all during nursing school and I had a clear deadline for recovery, but despite that dr Parvizi repeatedly ignored my requests and delayed my care.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, We sincerely apologize for your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Your feedback is an opportunity for improvement on our part. If interested, call us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Waste of my Time! show details Waste of my Time!
Jul 19th, 2015

I traveled 2 1/2 hours to see this Doctor thinking the doctors from Rothman would be so much better that my small town doctors. The first visit went well even though the wait was over 1/12 hours. They want to do x rays every time you walk in, even if you bring your own or a follow up. Drove back up for testing ( an injection ) he would know more then. Went back for follow up and he spent 1 1/2 minutes with me, told me he would give me exercises, and her wanted to give me another injection. He walked out and his fellow came in and did the injection. She said your done. I asked to speak with him again as I had no idea he was gone for good. She told me he was with another patient and I was done. They never gave me the exercises or told me wether I needed a follow up. I again tried to ask for clairafication. She gave me a sheet with a few exercises and said call if you want another appointment. Needless to say I was very disappointed as I feel like I have wasted 3 months of my recovery and will have to start over again with a doctor who cares. Hope this helps someone else.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and translates into a major opportunity for improvement on our part. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to discuss your concerns. If interested, please call us at 267-339-3689. Exceeding expectations is our goal here at Rothman, and it's disappointing to learn that we failed to succeed. Please accept our apology. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.

Jun 22nd, 2015

Dr Parvizi is an excellent surgeon but his practice lacks the personal touch which can leave the patient feeling like they are the output of a production line. Dr. P does not take any time to personally follow up post-op with patients at all, which is delegated to his nurse and the process is very impersonal. In general, Rothman Institute does not leave you feeling like they truly care about their patients beyond the $$$$$$ bottom line. If you are an athlete, the post op online therapy is not ideal, get into PT, ASAP.

May 6th, 2015

Long wait times, but worth it. Excellent surgeon. Fixed and preserved my messed up hip so I can walk and have a life again.

Apr 24th, 2015

Great bedside manner! Highly recommended

Excellent show details Excellent
by Poppop on Jan 20th, 2015

He is absolutely a "Top Doc". Professional, comforting, proficient. Top team.

Fantastic Doctor show details Fantastic Doctor
Oct 4th, 2012

I could not walk more than a few steps until I had a full hip replacement by Dr. Parvizi and the next day I walked out of the hospital with no assistance and was back in work 4 days later with no type of assistance and most importantly, no pain what so ever.

Sep 18th, 2012

had to wait over an hour to see the dr.

Didn't cut any muscles show details Didn't cut any muscles
Apr 19th, 2011

Dr. Parvizi did a hip replacement for me and did not cut any muscles. I walked out of the hospital the next day using a cane. He listens to me and answers my questions. Highly recommended.

Life Changing Experience show details Life Changing Experience
Nov 12th, 2010

After suffering for many years with hip pain, I contacted The Rothman Institute for a consultation. After a few minutes with Dr. Parvizi, he showed me what has been causing the pain in my hip for so long; I needed a replacement. I then scheduled surgery and before long, I had my life back. I can now walk, jog, run, train karate as well as and go back to the activities I loved before the pain began. Today I feel younger and healthier than ever!I cannot say enough good things about The Rothman Institute and Jefferson University Hospital. The doctors and nurses were so gracious and knowledgeable that they made my surgerical experience enjoyable the rest was up to me. Thank you Dr. Parvizi and thank you to all at the Rothman Institute.

Exceptional Physician and staff. show details Exceptional Physician and staff.
Nov 5th, 2010

Dr. Parvesi spends time making sure that you have a good understanding of procedures and outcomes. He also has an excellant nurse Bora who avails herself at all times and will do anything necessary to get it all right! Having worked in healthcare for many years, I must say that I would refer anyone to this team.

He was okay show details He was okay
Oct 1st, 2010

I had to wait very long while sitting in his office, i have been wrongly digonosed twice and they still are very unsure of whats wrong with me. He is very nice.

Sep 2nd, 2009

Dr Parvizi is an astute suregon who diagnosed my problwm at first visit and delivered excellent surgical care

PAO Surgery show details PAO Surgery
Mar 10th, 2009

PAO surgery was a failure and caused more damage. I required a second surgery to partially fix the new impingement problem. Wish I never had surgery.

A real professional. show details A real professional.
by JM on Aug 25th, 2008

Great doctor/patient interaction. Fully explains the problem and ways to resolve the problem.