A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Javaid Akhter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Javaid Akhter, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhter graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Akhter has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Hospital - South Sacramento
- Immanuel St Joseph'S - Mayo Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akhter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthPartners - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 5 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 10 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans