Dr. A Staub MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 3rd, 2015
Very compassionate Doctor!
Prior to seeing Dr Staub I seen a physician who after having a miscarriage gave me a horrible experience. Immediately after I found Dr. Staub within Presbyterian hospital and the staff was very friendly and courteous. 1 month later I found out I was pregnant again and I immediately explained my experience and my fears to the staff and they got me in within the week. Dr. Staub was very concerned and ensured me that he would keep a close eye on my pregnancy and any symptoms I had. I had my son and he had a hilarious sense of humor (which gave me some relief during labor) he had a meeting schedule this night at 6:00pm and said the next dr on call would be delievering my son if it was any later, needless to say my son was born at 5:50 =]. Dr Staub is amazing and I would recommend him to anyone who likes a straight foward Dr. who will always let you know what you're dealing with and ways to keep up with you personal health! Thank you Dr Staub for all you do!!

May 15th, 2014
Dr. A. J. Staub is one of the finest, most thorough, professional doctors in the DFW area.

April 12th, 2013
Terrible doctor - AVOID
This doctor just about ruined my life. I had focused ultrasound surgery with this doctor which resulted in severe nerve damage that left me in chronic excruciating pain for 3 years. I was practically disabled. Dr. Staub never reported the incident to the FDA, and washed his hands of me. Wish I would have never gone to Dr. Staub. Get another doctor if you can.
Doctor's Response

These comments are not really accurate. This woman had a procedure done using a non-invasive procedure to shrink her uterine fibroids. She was counseled extensively prior to the procedure about the benefits and potential risks, one of which was injury to a pelvic nerve. The procedure went well, and she had significant relief from the fibroids. Unfortunately, she did sustain a nerve injury which caused some numbness and discomfort. I saw her numerous times for this, treated her appropriately, and did refer her to a neurologist for consultation. According to him, her symptoms did improved. I never "washed my hands" of her; she chose never to return. Now she chooses to write this inflammatory, inaccurate note on numerous websites every six-to-twelve months.

September 6th, 2012
Long time patient
Have been a patient with Dr. Staub for over 25 years. He & his staff have always been extremely courteous & caring. Dr. Staub has stayed current in his field and listens to his patients. Very hard to find a Dr like him these days.

July 21st, 2012
great labor coach!
I love dr. Staub, I switched doctors during my last month of pregnancy. I was a little nervous by him being male and he is so comforting, sensitive, honest, and professional. I was able to vaginally deliver my first child in exactly 12 minutes. He joked and said I should deliver babies for a living but he was just a great coach!!! Would recommend to any woman especially those skeptical of men obgyn's.

January 14th, 2012
Dr. Staub is pleasant, professional, and he knows what he's doing. I have been to many gynies over the years who were all over the scale. Dr. Staub is at the top of the list.

May 31st, 2011
Patient
I love Dr. Staub. I'm terrified every time I go in, but I know he knows what he is doing. Rhonda is a doll and I'm glad this is my doctor. Only complaint is that the birth control I was put on is super expensive and not covered by my insurance. 80 dollars a month and I might as well have a baby.

March 16th, 2011
Dr. Staub has been my OB/GYN for over 8 years. He is thorough and is very up to date on the latest recommendations/treatment protocols. I love his staff. They have always been friendly and helpful. He has also been helpful in treating my primary care needs. It can be difficult to get an appt at times but that is because he is such a terrific doc in high demand. He is well worth the wait.

January 31st, 2011
Good Doctor, Bedside Manner Cheesy!
I think Dr. Staub is extremely intelligent and very committed to his field. He has a tendency to be arrogant and you can hear him using the same "small talk (loudly)" with every patient so it can come off as disingenuous. I think he would benefit from speaking directly and honestly with patients, he comes off too arrogant and he also always comes in the room and wants to hug you and I just think not when I've got my feet in the stirrups!! Still, medically, he is one of the best.

November 29th, 2010
VERY PROFESSIONAL & CARING
I have known Dr Staub since 1983. He is very professional and caring. He took very good care of me during my difficult times during 2 childbirths & later for other medical problems. He does like for patients to follow his instructions involving their care. He is direct and professional when speaking about patient's health.His nurse,Rhonda is wonderful & professional.I recommend anyone looking for a professional & caring doctor call Dr. Staub.I trust him now as I age and before during my childbearing years.Please make appt to discuss your needs with him when looking for physican.

October 18th, 2010
Don't recommend. Get another doctor.

May 25th, 2010
LONG time patient..I LOVE LOVE LOVE him..
Dr. Staub has been my ob/gyn for many years now from my first child to the third. I had some issues with PCOS and if it wasn't for him I would not have the beautiful girls that I have! He is excellent! His nurse, Rhonda, is AMAZING. He has a real personality and although you might not want to hear it, he doesn't 'sugar coat' anything. Don't get me wrong, he is professional with a capital P..but I would recommend ANYONE to use him. Hopefully he is around when my girls are grown up..they will use him too! I never have to wait long for an apt., the office staff is great, the condition of the building/rooms are great, he really puts a lot of care into his patients. I have read one bad review about "minimizing" the procedure. He works off of common sense..I have had to have a lot of things done by him (or another Dr. in the clinic) and I love them all!