Dr. Jean Welsh MD Patient Reviews

2.8
  • 12 reviews

March 26th, 2014
Scary mammography results
When I was contacted by Dr. Welsh after trying to reach her earlier in the afternoon, she was very short, abrupt and insensitive. I only asked her if she knew what hours she would be in her office so I can stop by to get the referral(Didn't know if she needed to be there or not-I explained that I just needed to know next steps for a situation like this. She responded in a very brash way "No! No! No! You see how my office is always packed. You just have to wait to be seen." Well, I dont' know this because I am a new patient and have only been at this office once. And, that very well may be true but I don't think this is how you speak to any patient let alone someone who just received very scary results! She is too cold and I plan to find me a doctor that I can talk to and who is more compassionate. This encounter has really upset me.

June 1st, 2012
Worst office ever
I've been there once and was i nightmare.No place to seat and too crowded.

March 1st, 2012
Absolutely the worst office I have ever been too. The wait time was horrendous, got there at 10:30 am did not leave until 2:30 pm, the waiting room was crowded, chairs very uncomfortable. Will not ever go back, contacted my insurance plan the next day to change doctors.

January 29th, 2012
Over 4 hours wait time
I like Dr. Welsh. I went to her for ove r 10 years. The problem is she has no respect for the time of others. Wait times have always been long. The last visit was the last straw: over 4 hours. Once she walks into the exam room, she gives me her attention. I like her personally. Also, when I called to make an appt for my annual physical, it took 2 months to get in. In the waiting room on my last visit, others had stories of long wait times. Like the doctor doesn't arrive for 1.5 hours after the first appointment is scheduled. I'm done. I'm finding another doctor.

September 28th, 2011
Jean Welsh MD is not worth charging your insurance for. She was very late (not even in the office an hour after I got there) and she rushed the appointment. She even had the nerve to be argumentative and said, at one point, that she had "no idea" what I was referring to. Unprofessional and a horrible experience!

June 5th, 2011
wait time
I waited for more than an hour but bedside manner was excellent and I got follow up.

August 30th, 2010
Unprofessional
I have been visiting this particular doctor for a very long time, and I think that was the complete worst service ever. I waited 2 1/2 hours with an appointment to see her and she is completely unresponsive to complaints about any issues you are having. I cannot stand her she would rather hear about my boyfriend than why I am in her office!! She even left the message of my results on my answering machine for EVERYONE TO HEAR! I don't know what law that violates but I'm pretty sure it violates some type of privacy law.

July 27th, 2010
She has the worst attitude I have ever experienced with a doctor. She is rude and does not listen. She does not attempt to be helpful. If I wanted to be treated by a jerk, I'd go on tv.

September 11th, 2009
look elsewhere...
longest waits (2+ hrs with scheduled appts!) with the rudest staff... cares more about the money than the patients. don't give yourself a headache... anywhere's better than here!

September 11th, 2009
This doctor closes her office more than it is opened. Extremely unprofessional. She does not EVER return phone calls to office and instructs her staff to have phone inquiries make an appt. I suspect to collect ins. money. She randomly closes her office without notice. Once I tried to get a refill on a regular px. Since the office was closed for a WEEK with no other doctor to contact!!I paged her for days. Finally, only after leaving message that I would call the board to inquire as to whether she had a colleague that I could contact, she returned my call claiming that I was threatening her. This was not at all the 1st time she failed to return calls.

August 20th, 2009
Good doctor
She has been very helpful in quickly diagnosing and making recommendations for a couple of issues. I recommend her as a doctor.

August 29th, 2008
Not satisfied
The staff is rude. I have waited over 1.5 hours on two occasions for my appointment. The doctor does not take appropriate notes to remember medical issues from one appointment to the next.