Overall Review

3.9

April 19th, 2016
No bedside manner
Dr Hughes bedside manner is something to be desired. She comes off as uncaring, never smiles. Seems like she is in a hurry to get the appointment over. She put incorrect diagnosis and wrong information in my chart. As a doctor she ordered the appropriate labs and gave me a good referral, but there is definitely room for improvement to her attitude, which makes me want to switch doctors.

February 26th, 2014
I have been her patient for about 6 months, 3 office visits. She doesn't listen to what I have to say. Absolutely no bedside manner at all. I will be finding a new doctor.

March 7th, 2012
You're more of an account number than a patient
I have been going to Dr. Hughes for a little while now and the more I go, the less I'm impressed. For instance, when I pointed out inaccurate statements written in my file (it's happened twice so far), there was no apology or an "oops, my bad" response. There was, however, attitude and fault directed back to me (for allegedly providing inaccurate info in the first place). From the time she walks in the appt, she barely makes eye contact, talks over you as you are explaining things to her (as she seems to think you know what you're going to say before you say it) and seems like she is ready to leave before she even sits down. She provides no follow up, hardly any direction and you leave more confused than you were when you got there. I hate switching doctors, but if this doesn't improve, I will be.

December 10th, 2010
Not invested
From the time she walks in to the time she leaves she looks like she's trying to escape the room. She does not take the time to sit with the patient to learn about their concerns. She's in and out as quickly as possible. While my husband was telling her about his chest pain (muscle strain) she kept walking out the door. Giving him a final answer, "I'm sure it'll be fine" from the hallway. We've since found another doctor.

December 20th, 2009
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Hughes to friends & family. A few years ago, our health insurance was switched to a provider that the group she's in was not a member of and I had to find another physician. The one I switched to was okay, but the minute we switched to a plan that did include Westerville Family Physicians, I went right back to her. She listens to you, questions you to get a better idea of exactly what is bothering you and spends as much time as it takes to be sure the diagnosis is right. I am a diabetic so have to visit the doctor on a regular basis. She asks all the right questions and makes all the right checks and tests to be sure I am not developing any complications. I find her very understanding and easy to talk to, even about embarrassing topics.