A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Holistic Health
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- St Francis Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jeffrey F. Shapiro practice?
Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near Great Neck, NY.
See Great Neck Surgeons.