Overall Review

2.9

May 4th, 2016
Dr Karp is VERY, VERY condescending. Terrible bedside manner - I do not recommend.

November 29th, 2015
Find another. Vary rude.
Attitude sucks.

July 25th, 2015
NEUROTIC NEUROLOGIST
I was referred to Dr. Karp by an ENT group for great discomfort in my ear after lying on my right side at night. First MRI showed what he thought might be a tumor. Followed up several months later (may have been as much as 6 months). Dr. Karp is too quick to make a diagnosis without ordering other tests besides another MRI.When he got wind of my refusing non-related additional tests, I received a nasty letter indicating possible death if the problem wasn't treated. I then saw another neurologist who viewed the initial MRI and started treatment. After a second MRI, the new doctor compared the results with the first. The diagnosis had to do with a nerve problem in the ear which was treated with meds. It took at least another year for the discomfort to dissipate, but all is well now.

April 24th, 2014
Upsetting Appointment.
I went to this doctor feeling scared looking for help and answers to why I was having certain symptoms completely out of the blue. He had the worst arrogant bed-side manner! After listening to my symptoms for a few minutes, without running any blood tests and minimal clinical testing, coldly announced my grave diagnosis. Then, instead of saying he wanted to run tests to confirm his diagnosis, immediately wanted me to just wear a" patch" for a couple weeks to see IF it would help, THEN he would know if his diagnosis was accurate! I felt like he was merely meeting his quota! I didn't want to be a guinea pig or put chemicals into my body that may not help but hurt, so I refused! Honestly thought he should have FIRST run more comprehensive diagnostic tests BEFORE stamping me with this diagnostic label. Very upsetting! I have since been to another caring doctor who listened to me and then did necessary blood work resulting in a correct and DIFFERENT diagnosis!

December 19th, 2013
Office Visit
Dr. Karp is the best Doctor I ever went to. He is compassionate, and does everything he can to make you get better. He is honest, and does not just give you false hope through medicine. Getting older is tough enough, but when you have a Doctor like Dr. Karp that cares , helps, and does not cast you off just because of age, there is hope.

December 11th, 2013
Very Disappointing, Toxic Bedside Manner
Very Disappointing, Toxic Bedside Manner I went to Dr. Karp because another doctor I see recommended Dr. Karp as a neurologist. I went to see Karp for at least 5 appointments for a neurological problem I have. I have an excellent health insurance company and I paid him for every appointment. My medical problem had already been diagnosed by another doctor and I just needed on-going patient care. Dr. Karp’s communication skills at every appointment were worse than the prior one. In my opinion, he said things to me that were outside of professional ethics on a number of occasions. And he would keep repeating the same unethical statements over and over to me, sometimes repeating the same statement 5 or 6 times in a row; forcing me to sit there and listen to him. I felt like he was conducting some type of unauthorized research on me regarding toxic NLP (toxic neuro-linguistic programming). It was emotionally upsetting to me see him as a patient.

February 18th, 2013
All went well until Dr. Karp touched my neck to do a test. He pushed my neck up and down and put his hands behind my neck to feel the facet joints and with the other hand turned my neck all the way to the side, on both sides. I am unhappy because he went further the my range of motion. My hand has been numb and legs are tingling. When I went in there I DId not have numbness or tingling or intense pain. Granted I went in there for back pain head and arm pain from an injury. He seemed mad and said the treatment was six Lyrica at fifty miligrams and a bariametric chamber costing twenty five thousand not to buy but to go to another Dr. I am upset and disappointed in him, he should know better. I regret going to him.

February 5th, 2013
Told me I won't walk again, too negative I walk now
Not up to date with latest technology.

July 30th, 2012
Best Neurologist!
I have a severe problem and he was the first Doctor that I could actually relate to. I am so thrilled that I was reffered to him!

May 30th, 2012
Review of Dr. Karp
I want to let any patient who is considering Dr. Jeffery Karp as your doctor, to let you know primary results.# 1 ) The office staff was very efficient and pleasant.# 2 ) Dr. Karp, he listened to me, took alot of time to see my condition. He was so thoughtful and easy to talk to. I would recommend him highly. He is not an in-and-out Doctor. He cares about you.

March 18th, 2012
Very professional and clean office. Staff was respectful and caring. Barely had time to sit down in waiting room before being called back. Veryy effecient. Helped me obtain proper authorizations. They even called all my normal tests results to ease my concerns.Dr. Karp was very thorough. Did not use a computer, but instead looked at me and listened to my problems.

March 4th, 2012
I was recently referred to Dr. Karp and was very pleased with the quality of care I received from him and his staff. This is a single doctor practice which is rare these days and can sometimes mean long waits and difficult scheduling. I had neither problem and was brought into a room within 10min. Dr. Karp himself was professional and thorough in his questioning. He is a rather direct physician with some other reviewers referring to him as cold or elitist. I did not find this as a fault and was impressed with his knowledge and obvious experience as a neurologist. He was not quick to prescribe unnecessary medication and appreciated his honesty in the diagnosis. I fully intend on revisiting his office and staff in the future and would highly recommend him to others.