Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Maryann McCaffrey- Cilea RN on Jul 28th, 2016

At 17 years old I had 2 emergency brain surgeries for a brain tumor. . I was helicoptered to Hahnemann University and he met me upon arrival. He put me and my family at ease. He was very thorough explaining everything to me . He changed my life in so many positive ways. I followed up with him and had nothing but great experiences from him and his staff. He has a great bedside manner and I will never forget him and always be grateful to him for saving my lie. I now am a RN and worked with neuro patients for many years and know how great it feels to help others.

WORST, WORST, WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!! show details WORST, WORST, WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!
by Mindy in PA. on Oct 21st, 2015

I can not believe after reading these reviews my gut was right. I had a fusion at c 5/6 back in 2002. I was in so much pain... he promised I would feel 100% better and I would feel great! After my surgery I didn't see him 1x in the hospital. I complained how much pain I was in and something didn't seem right. He had his nurse check me. I have been to so many dr's MRI's/Xrays but the plate distorts the imagine so its hard to say what is going on, I have been on so many meds and deep tissue massage ect.. still have pain. His nurse ended up quitting and not long after he moved. He is such a deceiving person that I wouldn't call a doctor. Beware!! I really wish we could all do a class action law suit against him. he is getting away with this and its not right! he shouldn't b living high on the hog while all of us are suffering because he is just out for money. I couldn't bypass giving him no stars for rating so had to pick 1.

lumbar shunt for brain disease gone bad! show details lumbar shunt for brain disease gone bad!
Aug 30th, 2014

I was sent to Yablon after many attempts to drain the fluid off my brain. It was determined I needed an Lp shunt. My mom went with me to the appt. to talk with him about the surgery. he promised me there was no problems, it would be easy and my headaches and my eyesight would all get better with time. that with the lp there would be no problems. I asked about failure rates any issues it may have. he informed me that there isn't any. they are almost failure proof.I had the surgery in nov. on 2013. I ended up in the ICU was in the hospital for two weeks. He sent me home, made a follow up apt with me for a month later. in that time I was in horrible pain. my incision in my back had opened up and was oozing. I was in the local er 4 times. (im 5 hrs) from him. they called him on every occasion, his answer put a Band-Aid over it ill check it when she comes in. Once back in his office I could barely walk. I was in tears in the office, he told me well I never heard of back problems after an lp shunt and sent me on my way. oh he did order a ct scan had the front desk guy call me and tell me "theres nothing more he can do for you, you need to follow up with you gp" SO this guy did a wack job spinal surgery and tells me to follow up with a gp. since then it has been found I have nerve damage from the shunt being placed incorrectly in my spine. and now im in the process of possibly having to have a revision done on this stupid shunt. it could have been all avoided if it was placed correctly the first time! a rare brain disease, an lp shunt placed incorrectly and a neurosurgeon who could care less about his patient. but hey he did bring my mom some peanut brittle while I was in the hospital before he went to go play some golf. I did file a formal complaint, really that's all you can do with this one. the amount of papers you have to fill out is covering him to no end! please please do your research and go somewhere else!

PARALYZED BY SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR INPUT BY YABLON show details PARALYZED BY SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR INPUT BY YABLON
by Kimberly D'Amico on May 3rd, 2014

I had spinal cord stimulator surgery in 2008, performed by Dr. Yablon. DO NOT HAVE SURGERY BY THIS DOCTOR!!! I woke up from my procedure permanently paralyzed from the waist down. After hospital discharge, he basically "wrote me off" as far as help and follow-up care. I also signed the pre-op release & was not able to sue for malpractice. Now, he has moved from NC to CA. Just be careful!!!!!

Apr 7th, 2014

THIS MAN IS A HACK. IF YOU ARE A FEMALE HE TALKS TO YOUR BREAST NOT YOUR FACE. HE IS VERY POMPOUS AND EGOTISTICUL. HE JUMPS FROM HOSPITAL TO HOSPITAL FOR A REASON. HE HAS RUINED OUR LIVES, AND SITS BACK FAT, DUMB AND HAPPY, LAUGHING ABOUT THE $$ HE IS MAKING!!!

May 16th, 2012

Dr. Yablon fused C4,5,6 and did a wonderful job. He improved my quality of life tremendously and the surgery let me continue to play golf. He could operate on me any time or even in a paraking lot. He is that good. NC lost a great doctor.

Deplorable show details Deplorable
Apr 12th, 2012

This man should not practice medicine- let alone neuro- that is way too scary.This doctor is shady with a capital S, deceptive is an understatement. He is about profit before patient care- and he's no longer allowed to "PRACTICE" in my state- what does that tell you?

Not a UCSF trained Neurosurgeon show details Not a UCSF trained Neurosurgeon
Jan 20th, 2012

After my visit I looked into Dr. Yablon and found out that he is not a UCSF Neurosurgeon that came to Napa but a surgeon from North Carolina that was recruited to Napa as part of a UCSF outreach and was never actually faculty at UCSF before that. This is deceptive.

Jun 9th, 2011

I'm surprised at the negative comments - not at all my experience with Dr. Yablon in Napa, CA. He was kind and compassionate - perhaps a bit blunt for some people but I felt that he was always honest and forthright with information. I highly recommend him and his staff. They helped me and family through a very rough and scary time. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a quality neurosurgeon.

Patients Beware show details Patients Beware
Mar 16th, 2011

I have not found many reviews of Dr. Yablon but those I have found have all been negative. I should have looked before allowing him to operate on me. At least I would have been warned. He has now moved to California and I hope people there will look for reviews before allowing him to operate. Hopefully they will go somewhere else. Dr. Yablon does not seem to have any integrity. I had a terrible experience and will probably have to get the back surgery corrected.

Feb 23rd, 2011

I agree. Look for someone else.

Must Read Before You Schedule ANYTHING w/ Dr. Yablon show details Must Read Before You Schedule ANYTHING w/ Dr. Yablon
by Anonymous on Jan 7th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Unless you wish to be kept in unbearable pain after surgery with Dr. Yablon, PLEASE READ THIS! My experience with Dr. Yablon has been so terrible we h ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Dec 21st, 2009

go elsewhere..you will thank me!