Obstetricians & Gynecologists
4461 Coit Rd
Ste 205
Frisco, TX 75035
972-731-9299
Locations and availability (2)

Jul 11th, 2014

I found Dr Allen in 2008 when I was pregnant with my daughter. She has the most amazing bedside manner and I feel like I'm visiting an old friend when I go in for appointments. She answers all my questions and sets my mind at ease. I remember having some longish wait times when I was pregnant and visiting often but I was always given the choice to reschedule, if need be. If you are looking for a fantastic doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Jennifer Allen!

|  Wonderful, caring doctor  |  show details
by YSamford on Aug 1st, 2013

This review is a little late to say the least. I should have done a better job of recommending her then, but I didn't realize how hard it truly was to find a doctor of her nature and professionalism. Dr. Allen delivered my son 10 years ago in June. I had been seeing another OBGYN throughout my pregnancy who failed to diagnose the clear signs (which I knew nothing about at the time) of pre-eclampsia. I arrived at Mckinney Medical Center via ambulance after suffering seizures due to extremely high blood pressure. Dr. Allen was the on-call physician who stabilized me quickly and with skill and performed an emergency c-section (not because she wanted to-- it was the only option!) to deliver my son 7.5 weeks early. Dr. Allen gave me the best of care during my 10 day stay at McKinney Medical Center and for months following the birth. We were also lucky to have received excellent care from the on-call pediatrician who later became my son's pediatrician for the next couple of years. We have since moved out of the area, otherwise I would return to her care in an instant. While the search for a doctor with her level of care in our new home has taken years and is still not over yet, I am still thankful that she was the doctor on call that day that saved our lives and continued caring.

by teresa chapman on Jul 12th, 2013

I have been going to dr. Allen for years. I originally went to her after I had an incident and wasnt sure about the diagnosis I was given but a previousdr who wanted to do an emergency hysterectomy. Turns out the Dr wanted to do unnecessary surgery which Dr allen fixed with the novasure treatment. She's compassionate and respectful too her patients. I recommend her to everyone including my own daughters.

|  Recommendation  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

Yes, I would recommend Dr. Allen, besides the wait, she is wonderful. Excellent bedside manner.

|  Dr. Jennifer E. Allen, Frisco OB GYN  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

Dr. Allen is a wonderfully warm and caring person. I had my first visit with her on 11-29-11 and she was the third OB GYN I've visited since we moved to East Texas three years ago. She is for sure the one I will be returning to next year, unlike the first two doctors I saw in Tyler and Rockwall. She has a great bedside manner and is willing to talk about anything. The only downside to my well-woman visit yesterday was the ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTE WAIT! Dr. Allen seems very educated about women's health and I look forward to a continuing relationship with her. A friend at church who had surgery with her and had a great experience recommended her to me. Finally, I've found a new OB GYN I'm comfortable with and will have no problem trusting with my medical needs.

Sep 30th, 2011

Dr Allen is amazing! The staff that works for her, not so much. They only person that really seems to care is the doctor herself. They should take a courtesy class from her or find a new job. But Dr. Allen is so great that I put up with her staff.

|  Dr. Allen is the best  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr. Allen has been my doctor for over 3 years and has delivered both of my babies. She is so caring and listens to your concerns. I could not be happier with having her as my OBGYN.

|  She's the best  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

Dr. Allen is very professional, good at diagnosing, warm and caring person- I saw her a couple of times during my pregnancy visits, and she made me feel at ease. She also checked me and the baby out of the Frisco's Centennial - her caring attitude, advice and gentleness contributed to the awesome overall experience.I had some problems making an appointment with her, and in both places where she works staff did not act very professionally. This was my only complaint, but it has nothing to do with Dr Allen being the best OBG I've ever seen.

Jun 30th, 2011

On an average of waiting is 2 hours or more. The staffs in the front desk are not very professional and not friendly at all. Wish I have picked somebody else instead.

|  Caring, personal physician  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

In this day and age it is rare to find a physician like Dr. Allen who actually cares about the people behind the symptoms. She is intelligent, caring, and trustworthy; a basically decent human being and an outstanding doctor.

|  Wonderful OB  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2011

Dr Allen is a wonderful OB/GYN. She delivered both of my children, and provided excellent care throughout the 40 weeks. I didn't feel like a number there. Dr Allen always took the time to answer my questions, no matter how silly they seem now that I've had my two kids. Due to high risk issues I was in the office twice a week for the entire third trimester. There were several appointments where I had to wait for 30 minutes, but.... and here's the thing to remember ladies... its an OB/GYN office . You'd want your doctor to be with you during delivery, so expect that it will happen from to time. The office called me to let me know if she was going to be very late so I could reschedule. Their hours were great, 7:30 am - 7 pm so I'd schedule the first appt of the day and she was rarely late for that. As far as getting in for an appointment, I got in quickly when I was having problems. If you are trying to get in for an annual exam, though, you'd better call well in advance. Dr Allen is so well liked by her patients that you need to call about 3 months ahead for an annual.

Mar 8th, 2010

I am sure that you are a lovely doctor and so are your colleagues. But I haven't had the chance to meet you as I have only see the PA. In general, the PA is very nice but the front office staff is extremely lacking. It's next to impossible to schedule an appointment (what type of business closes their office during lunch hours so their patrons who are also on lunch and have free time - a perfect time to schedule an appointment?), the prescription line is like a black hole (prescription was not filled and I have no idea why) and why can't I get an appoint with a doctor?

|  Neglectful Care  |  show details
by Glennys on Feb 20th, 2010

I walked in having a misscarriage and was told to go home and that the bleeding was just a heavy menstrual cycle. I begged the nurse practioner to test my HCG levels to make sure that it wasn't a misscarriage, and she was convinced that it wasn't BUT I had a different instinct. She called me a few days later and confirm that I in fact did have a misscarriage. How could they not know this and WHY did I have to practically beg to get tested to confirm that it was or wasn't a misscarriage. Please rethink using these doctors. They are careless, ruthless, and unqualified in my opinion based upon my experience. I am still griving my lost :(

Sep 4th, 2009

She is worth the wait. Having a high risk pregnancy, Dr Allen gave me the care and attention that was needed to have a healthy baby boy.

|  C-Section Factory Worker  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2009

Dr. Jennifer Allen was my doctor for my first pregnancy. Throughout the entire pregnancy, it was standard care- she didn't impress me with anything special but she didn't do anything that offended me either. Then came the day of the birth. LONG story short, she forced me to take medication I didn't want and in the end, performed an unnecessary c-section on me. It was late at night and she didn't want to be there, she didn't want to wait for me to finish pushing- the baby's head was already crowning even. After days of terrible pain and not getting to breast feed my son for more than 24 hours, I was extremely upset. She didn't care. The only thing I can say about her that's not negative, is unfortunately she's like a lot of doctors and hospitals, they do more c-sections for the money and convenience of their schedules, even if it's not best for the mother and baby. If you want a natural birth, which you should HIGHLY look into, don't go to a hospital with a doctor. But more importantly, DON'T go see Dr. Allen.