Dr. Jennifer Clothier Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Clothier?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Clothier?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 11th, 2015

Not a doctor I could recommend

Most memorable...not believing I had shingles, so didn't get appropriate treatment in time to avoid permanent nerve damage.

November 11th, 2013

I have a tremendous respect and trust for Dr. Clothier

Dr.Clothier has been my primary care physician for years. I actually changed my insurance in order to continue with her when she left one practice to move to another. I believe any patient has to take some responsibility for their medical care by coming to their appointments prepared to be honest and thorough about what is going on with them, Dr. Clothier always takes as much time as is needed with me, she asks many questions, and listens to me. She holds me accountable for following her orders and recommendations, but is always willing to change course if I let her know something is not working for me. I drive approximately 30 minutes to get to her office, but it is worth every mile!

May 23rd, 2013

This office staff is wonderful. I promptly get my appointments. I arrive on time, because I know I will be called back within five minutes. I am seen by the nurse immediately and by Dr. Clothier very soon after. Dr. Clothier takes her time with me and answers all of my questions. She knows I don't come in unless I really need to and that I want the minimal of procedures and medicines. I drive 30 minutes to get to her office, and I highly recommend to my friends that they do the same. I am 55, and she is the best doctor I've had.

May 3rd, 2013

wait...what??

My husband saw Clothier for a couple of years when she was with Sierra Doctors group. He has brain cancer, and he was borderline diabetic. she was very concerned with the diabetes he doesn't have. Tried to put him on insulin injections when his A1C was 6.7. Never even treated his main complaints. I am overweight, (and not Grossly so.) by 30 pounds and she was more concerned with my weight that whatever I was being seen for. If I weren't overweight, according to her< I would not have the flu, sprained my ankle, have an ear infection. She is a strange duck!

November 8th, 2011

Do no harm - HA!

Dr. Clothier misdiagnosed my lower-back condition as simple musclestrainand stubbornly refused to modify her opinion when mycontinuing symptoms did not correspond to her initial diagnosis.When I protested that my lower-back felt worse as a result of hertreatment regime, I was rudely told by Dr. Clothier that my painfulsymptoms were "all in my head". She then treated me withincreasing hostility and unconcealed contempt. Ultimately, I was ableto prove that my debilitating condition was caused by a ripped disk,at which time she went into damage-control mode to protectherself. Lately, I learned that Doctor Clothier wrote and forwardedmedical notes to my medical insurers that suggested I was amalingerer. As a result, I was wrongly denied $240,000 from CIGNADisability Insurance and endured an 8-year Work Comp denial fightwith Zrich Insurance Co. Dr. Clothier's appalling medical practiceruined my life. Don't walk away from this medical lemon: RUN!

February 28th, 2011

While I believe she accurately diagnosed my problem she provided no helpful treatment. But diagnosing it wasn't difficult, I'd already done that myself on the Internet. I came to her looking for a cure and for that she had nothing to offer me, certainly nothing I hadn't thought of myself or worth the cost of the visit.Her bedside manner is offputting. Very uncomfortable to talk to. Comes off as arrogant.Rates at UC Davis are far higher than other doctors. Beware if you have to pay out of pocket, it'll cost you much more to be seen here.

September 28th, 2010

Missed my diagnosis because she didn't listen!!!

I saw this doctor two years ago, and had a series of minor but specific complaints. She just told me welcome to female middle age and get used to it! Well, in 2009 when I self referred to an OBGYN they listened to my complaints. After a simple blood test, they sent me to an endocrinologist. It turned out I had a pituitary tumor in my brain that was producing growth hormones. If she had only listened two years earlier and run a simple blood test, it would have been diagnosed then.

January 31st, 2010

Bring your checkbook!

Not a personal slam at any particular Dr., but their main goal is to get you in so they can charge you. The $$$ run this place, not sound, practical medicine.

November 3rd, 2009

Fine Doctor

I've been seeing Dr. Clothier for several years and am very pleased with her care. She always spends as much time with me as I need during a visit. She is direct and doesn't pull punches, is respectful, and treats me as an equal. Her office treated me for a broken ankle on a holiday weekend, getting me in and out quickly. The office is open on weekends and holidays, and the staff is professional and helpful.I recommend this office and Dr. Clothier very highly.

June 17th, 2008

Soon, very soon ...

I will be leaving this clinic and Dr. Clothier. I couldn't agree more with each of the previous comments. I don't need to add a thing.

April 25th, 2017