A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Jerome Engel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jerome Engel, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Brain Surgery (Anterior Temporal Lobectomy)
- Complex Partial Epilepsy
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Seizure Disorders
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Education & Awards
Dr. Engel graduated from Stanford University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Engel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Engel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 15 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jerome J. Engel practice?
Dr. Jerome Engel practices Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Neurologists.