A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Tolchin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Tolchin is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tolchin
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tolchin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Tolchin, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Tolchin graduated from New York University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Tolchin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan G Tolchin MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joan G. Tolchin practice?
- Dr. Joan Tolchin has 1 office location.
Dr. Joan Tolchin practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.