Dr. Joel Dean DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 21st, 2016
Outstanding!
Thoroughly reviewed my health concerns while being kind and clear in sharing information that was challenging to me.

September 8th, 2016
Very kind doctor. He listens to what you say. Great bedside manner. Will stay with him as a patient.

July 22nd, 2015
His knowledge of the nervous system is amazing. I also found him kind and he explained what was going on with me, the tests he was performing, what they meant, and what I could look forward to next, without being condescending or dismissive. I find that a rare gift, for which I was, and am, truly grateful.

April 23rd, 2014
Spent the most time of any Doctor I've seen. Asked good questions AND answered my questions. Didn't act rushed like many Docs. He was kind and courteous. I recommend him highly.

April 14th, 2013
I enjoyed my visit with Dr. Dean very much. He was more thorough than any other neurologist that I have seen and was very caring. He will be my head doc from here on out. He totally understood and explained everything in detail and did not treat me like I wasn't important. He did not rush the appointment. Would highly recommend him!

September 12th, 2012
Overdosed on seizure meds
Never checked back after uping meds never took blood test office wont called riteaid to let them know meds had been uped!!!!!!!

December 1st, 2009
Don't go see Dr Dean if you want help with your problems
Dr Dean was referred by our PCP because of some problems my husband was having. He performed a thorough exam and then instead of talking to us, turned his back to us and wrote us 2 pages of possible dianoses. We had the MRI he ordered and then had to call multiple times to get the results, had the other tests he ordered, called multiple times to get results and then nothing. No follow up, no communication from him. Even when my husband developed new symptoms, no scheduled appointment. I feel Dr Dean does not care about his patients, he would not release my husband to go back to work, but will not sign is LOA paperwork nor will he sign his Short Term Disability paperwork so we can get some money in since he cannot work. I am very disappointed that we have had to deal with him. I work for an amazing doctor myself who would never treat his patients this way.

March 26th, 2009
Don't GO
You go to doc's to seek professional advice and options for ailments,, usually they are close with diagnosis and offer alternatives. This guy does nothing but cause you additional pain and aggravation. He will not follow up EVER! Nor will his staff give you the time of day. They are rude and condescending. Forget about speaking to him personally after you sign away your insurance and also forget about him taking a personal interest in your well being. He's a guesser and will take advantage of your vulnerability to give you false hope and then never follow up to see how you are doing unless youre in a hospital bed so he can bill your insurance.