A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Pekow:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Pekow is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pekow
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Pekow Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Pekow, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Pekow graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Pekow has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Mass Eye and Ear Infirm
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Robert Pekow MD is a male Internist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Joel R. Pekow practice?
- Dr. Joel Pekow has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Pekow practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Internists and Chicago Gastroenterologists.