A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Pekow:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Pekow is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pekow
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Pekow Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Pekow, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Pekow graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Pekow has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Mass Eye and Ear Infirm
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Robert Pekow MD is a male Internist, has 8 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Joel R. Pekow practice?
- Dr. Joel Pekow has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Pekow practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Internists and Chicago Gastroenterologists.