Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Angel on Earth show details Angel on Earth
by Rachel Vasquez on Apr 13th, 2016

Doctor Rosenthal saved my life and my daughters. I had swelling in my brain over 4 years ago and everyone struggled with a cause. She ran every test possible to rule things out and it was found my spinal fluid was infected with Lyme. Although I was her first patient she's ever treated or who has ever tested positive for Lyme during her years of practice she did not dismiss me even when others tried telling me it was a false positive. She worked with a specialist out of Malibu to give me proper treatment. I feel so much better than I have in years. Then she found a immune disorder other doctors were dismissing my fatigue as fibromyalgia. Turns out I have a very rare disease called CVID and was sent to first a hematologist/oncologist and next referred to an immunologist. I receive treatment for this condition now and we had to have our children tested and turns out both of them carry this mutation as well. Which now brings me to my daughter. She was diagnosed with learning disabilities in kindergarten. After taking her to several specialists outside of her school, the hearing & speech center, a developmental pediatrician, an educational psychologist, and hiring a tutor who carries a Ph.D. whom works with dislexics, I was sharing this information and my stress with Dr. Rosenthal and she stopped me and said she needed to see her. She had a visit and she ordered an MRI. Turns out our daughter had a brain tumor and we were immediately sent to the head of neurosurgery at CHOC. The surgeon performed brain surgery and was able to remove the entire tumor and our daughter is healing and happy. So many doctors and surgeons at CHOC shared with us their awe of Dr. Rosenthal and told us how lucky we were she ordered the MRI even though there was not a real reason to order such a test for such a young child. She had no headaches, blurred vision, or seizures. She had a hunch and wanted to be sure we were not missing anything. Had she not ordered this test our daughters life would have been so very different. The surgeon explained how drastic her life would have been different had we waited till symptoms occurred and that we could have lost her. I am forever grateful to her and her staff who prayed for our family and actually cared and listened to me when I expressed my concerns. She is the best doctor I have ever met and I am so thankful she was put in my families path. I owe her everything and could never repay what she has done for my family. She is our angel on earth

Jan 28th, 2016

Very unprofessional doctor. Nice enough lady but I have concerns as to her motives for being a healthcare provider. She really likes to shove pain medication down your throat even after being told the pain is tolerable and would prefer not to take it. Wait times are atrocious (about 45-55min, on one occasion I waited an hour and 45min), half of the staff acts like they are put out for having to do their jobs. Completely unorganized. Takes a month to get an appointment which is rather moot considering how long you have to wait anyway. The fact that she is accepting new patients is a joke.

Timewaster show details Timewaster
Oct 23rd, 2015

Whether its Rosenthal herself or the choice to operate her neurology practice in the same office as urgent care staff before its hours, service isn't consistent and attentive. Appointments made months in advance mean nothing, as one still has to long wait times in the lobby before being seen.

Jul 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal is very conscientious and does all she can to help her patients.

Jun 15th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal has been taking care of my wife and I for some time now. Both my wife and I could not say enough to express how professional Dr. Rosenthal is; takes time to explain and work with us for the best medical treatment.

Mar 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Office staff was extremely unorganized and unprofessional.

Feb 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Johanna Roesthal has Ana always been a great doctor who goes over things with you and makes you feel coupley I appreate it and staff

Neurology show details Neurology
by Kelly Kenyon on Jan 7th, 2015

I have been going to Dr Rosenthal Johanna for a while now and she has been great due to I have some insure going on with me but she takes the time and tries to help her staff is great to

Dec 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I really like this provider she is very nice and knowable

Nov 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rosenthal is an excellent neurologist. Very thoroughal, cautious, leaving no stone unturned to learn what and how to deal with the issue at hand!

Nov 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rosenthal is very thorough, the time wait is most of the time to long, office staff is OK but lacks professional skills at times.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

She is up NOT up to date re: Alzheimer's disease. She said I should quit my job soon and I'd be totally dependent in 10 years with no reference to current research. There's been no agreement by other neurologists and very depressing for many months.

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel that Dr. Rosenthal shows a great deal of caring and concern for her patients. I feel that she answered my questions and explained things so I could understand.

Aug 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Rosenthal was concerned about the issues I had and ordered appropriate tests to be performed. She did not 'rush' the appointment and took the time to ask many questions in order to take the time to address my issues. I was impressed her and her staff.

Jul 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal was about as courteous, professional, & caring as someone can be.

Jun 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthall has a good understanding of my medical background. I appreciate her concerns and advice.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal has been one of the best, if not THE best neurologists that I have ever seen. She has absolutely gone into my medical history and looked at and discovered things that several other HIGHLY trained and respected specialists have overlooked.

Apr 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything was wonderful at the visit, I walked in feeling overwhelmed by my normal hectic day, left the office in under one hour feeling cared for, and optimistic. As a migraine patient that is really important.

Mar 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great as always; always addresses concerns!

Mar 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal is very thorough and caring. Even though the office staff can seem a bit disorganized at times, they too are very caring. Appointment wait an be a bit long but that is due to Dr Rosenthals caring and thorough approach.

Mar 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I think Dr.Rosenthal is a caring and thorough doctor. My only complaint and/or warning would be to expect a lengthy wait. On my last visit I waited 1 1/2 hrs. after my scheduled time before I saw her. I prefer that people care about my time as well

Mar 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal asks questions to understand the needs of the patient, tests done, and makes recommendation to see other specialists when needed.

Feb 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

watched after me in the hospital,authorizing many tests to diagnose the severity of my stroke. Exelent follow up after being released from the hospital. Shows real interest in my recovery and gives me extreme confidence for my future.

Feb 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent Dr., I would recommend her to anyone Only concern is the wait times. Their office needs to somehow get a handle on the scheduling as the wait time are too long.

Feb 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very thorough and helpful.

Feb 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Rosenthal has always been my best doctor. She OS very much patient advocate for myself as well as all her patients. I thank her very much for all the hard work she does.

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Really it was disappointment I waited over one hour And no body say sorry even doctor didn't say anything it's kind of disrespectful It was bad day

Jan 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr R's for years & I trust her fully. She thinks outside of the box & thank god for that because it's the reason she was able to figure out what so many dr's before her were unable to. She is very caring & takes the time to listen

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The Best Doctor in her field I have ever found .She is truly caring and interested in your quality of life . No Doctor has ever given so much effort to help me. I owe a great deal of thanks and sincere gratitude to Dr. Rosenthal ,,,

Oct 27th, 2013

It seems that Dr. Rosenthal cares more about the money than her patients well being. Dr. Rosenthal and her staff initially refused to read the results of my son's MRI simply because our insurance group number had changed. Our coverage was still the same the only that had changed is our monthly premiums and they claimed to need a new authorization. Like I told them, my son could have had a brain tumor and all they were worried about is pocketing a few hundred dollars just to read the results. It's wrong and unethical. Needless to say we never went back to her.

Dr R show details Dr R
by Rachel Vasquez on Feb 6th, 2013

Wonderful caring doctor. I've been struggling with painful headaches most if my life and Dr Rosenthal has finally been a doctor to take the time to get to the root of the problem. I've been diagnosed with a very rare disease called Psuedotumor Cerebri and I feel like she has helped me in so many ways I thank her. I would definitely refer a friend in fact I have. She prescribes medicine when necessary but doesn't want to keep upping the dose and adding more meds to the equation in fact she has taken some away.

Poor plan show details Poor plan
Jul 10th, 2012

Doctor Rosenthal was the doctor my child was assigned while at the hospital, so i stuck with her.After a year though, I was tired of her lack of a plan to deal with my child's condition. Then, it seemed that she and her office staff were more concerned with collecting money for their services than they were about treating my child's condition, that she misinterpreted...Not happy with her or her staff. Pretty unprofessional under the surface.

Horrible experience with this doctor!!! show details Horrible experience with this doctor!!!
Mar 19th, 2012

I am extremely upset about the professionalism of this doctor. She is a crook and I was very disappointed with the care I was given here. This doctor should really reconsider her motives for providing her services, whether its to really serve and help the community or is simply monetarily driven. All I need to say is that after seeing her for a "check-up" where she didn't even bother to take me to the consultation/examination room, rather she "examined" me in 2 seconds standing in the hallway and said I looked fine and there's nothing else. I later received a 300 dollar bill from her for the 2second checkup she had performed on me. I called the doctor for explanations of how they came to the exaggerated amount of 300 dollars. She was very arrogant and rude and simply responded by saying: YOU were the one that made the appointment! I just want to warn everyone about this crook of a doctor. Please don't be scammed like I did.

Mar 27th, 2011

The doctor treated me with respect and interest.She gave me excellent attention. She provided me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan and gave me a followup appointment. I felt very well taken care of.

Jan 12th, 2011