Dr. Johanna Rosenthal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

no change

May 16th, 2016
All that the patients have said in her non professional attitude and non care is true. I've been very much in need of surgery and has kept me in limbo and away from my needs for the sake of keeping me in her office and really doesn't care if I have any recovery or even treats me if I'm even there in her office. She's very cold and offensive. I don't recommend her she should not be practicing.

April 13th, 2016
Angel on Earth
Doctor Rosenthal saved my life and my daughters. I had swelling in my brain over 4 years ago and everyone struggled with a cause. She ran every test possible to rule things out and it was found my spinal fluid was infected with Lyme. Although I was her first patient she's ever treated or who has ever tested positive for Lyme during her years of practice she did not dismiss me even when others tried telling me it was a false positive. She worked with a specialist out of Malibu to give me proper treatment. I feel so much better than I have in years. Then she found a immune disorder other doctors were dismissing my fatigue as fibromyalgia. Turns out I have a very rare disease called CVID and was sent to first a hematologist/oncologist and next referred to an immunologist. I receive treatment for this condition now and we had to have our children tested and turns out both of them carry this mutation as well. Which now brings me to my daughter. She was diagnosed with learning disabilities in kindergarten. After taking her to several specialists outside of her school, the hearing & speech center, a developmental pediatrician, an educational psychologist, and hiring a tutor who carries a Ph.D. whom works with dislexics, I was sharing this information and my stress with Dr. Rosenthal and she stopped me and said she needed to see her. She had a visit and she ordered an MRI. Turns out our daughter had a brain tumor and we were immediately sent to the head of neurosurgery at CHOC. The surgeon performed brain surgery and was able to remove the entire tumor and our daughter is healing and happy. So many doctors and surgeons at CHOC shared with us their awe of Dr. Rosenthal and told us how lucky we were she ordered the MRI even though there was not a real reason to order such a test for such a young child. She had no headaches, blurred vision, or seizures. She had a hunch and wanted to be sure we were not missing anything. Had she not ordered this test our daughters life would have been so very different. The surgeon explained how drastic her life would have been different had we waited till symptoms occurred and that we could have lost her. I am forever grateful to her and her staff who prayed for our family and actually cared and listened to me when I expressed my concerns. She is the best doctor I have ever met and I am so thankful she was put in my families path. I owe her everything and could never repay what she has done for my family. She is our angel on earth

January 28th, 2016
Very unprofessional doctor. Nice enough lady but I have concerns as to her motives for being a healthcare provider. She really likes to shove pain medication down your throat even after being told the pain is tolerable and would prefer not to take it. Wait times are atrocious (about 45-55min, on one occasion I waited an hour and 45min), half of the staff acts like they are put out for having to do their jobs. Completely unorganized. Takes a month to get an appointment which is rather moot considering how long you have to wait anyway. The fact that she is accepting new patients is a joke.

October 23rd, 2015
Timewaster
Whether its Rosenthal herself or the choice to operate her neurology practice in the same office as urgent care staff before its hours, service isn't consistent and attentive. Appointments made months in advance mean nothing, as one still has to long wait times in the lobby before being seen.

January 7th, 2015
Neurology
I have been going to Dr Rosenthal Johanna for a while now and she has been great due to I have some insure going on with me but she takes the time and tries to help her staff is great to

October 27th, 2013
It seems that Dr. Rosenthal cares more about the money than her patients well being. Dr. Rosenthal and her staff initially refused to read the results of my son's MRI simply because our insurance group number had changed. Our coverage was still the same the only that had changed is our monthly premiums and they claimed to need a new authorization. Like I told them, my son could have had a brain tumor and all they were worried about is pocketing a few hundred dollars just to read the results. It's wrong and unethical. Needless to say we never went back to her.

February 6th, 2013
Dr R
Wonderful caring doctor. I've been struggling with painful headaches most if my life and Dr Rosenthal has finally been a doctor to take the time to get to the root of the problem. I've been diagnosed with a very rare disease called Psuedotumor Cerebri and I feel like she has helped me in so many ways I thank her. I would definitely refer a friend in fact I have. She prescribes medicine when necessary but doesn't want to keep upping the dose and adding more meds to the equation in fact she has taken some away.

July 10th, 2012
Poor plan
Doctor Rosenthal was the doctor my child was assigned while at the hospital, so i stuck with her.After a year though, I was tired of her lack of a plan to deal with my child's condition. Then, it seemed that she and her office staff were more concerned with collecting money for their services than they were about treating my child's condition, that she misinterpreted...Not happy with her or her staff. Pretty unprofessional under the surface.

March 19th, 2012
Horrible experience with this doctor!!!
I am extremely upset about the professionalism of this doctor. She is a crook and I was very disappointed with the care I was given here. This doctor should really reconsider her motives for providing her services, whether its to really serve and help the community or is simply monetarily driven. All I need to say is that after seeing her for a "check-up" where she didn't even bother to take me to the consultation/examination room, rather she "examined" me in 2 seconds standing in the hallway and said I looked fine and there's nothing else. I later received a 300 dollar bill from her for the 2second checkup she had performed on me. I called the doctor for explanations of how they came to the exaggerated amount of 300 dollars. She was very arrogant and rude and simply responded by saying: YOU were the one that made the appointment! I just want to warn everyone about this crook of a doctor. Please don't be scammed like I did.

March 27th, 2011
The doctor treated me with respect and interest.She gave me excellent attention. She provided me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan and gave me a followup appointment. I felt very well taken care of.

January 12th, 2011