Dr. Johanna Su MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 15th, 2016
Love Dr Su and staff
Dr Su was always nice and answered all my questions. The staff was very friendly and and kind whenever I came in. When I gave birth to my daughter another dr delivered, but I knew that could be a possibility and Dr su came to visit in the hospital when she saw I had delivered. She was kind, professional and I really enjoyed her as my dr.

March 18th, 2015
Dr. Su was a terrible doctor.

October 4th, 2013
DON'T TO GO TO DR. SU
She is very rude and unprofessional, as well as the receptionist. I don't recommend her to anyone.

February 18th, 2013
Patient
When I went to this doctor with my first pregnancy I immediately felt comfortable and at ease. All of the nurses are very nice and approachable. There was no waiting at my appt. Dr. Su came in very friendly and with a smile the entire pregnancy. She was very helpful and always concerned. I have never felt rushed by her and I could always call if I had any questions while I was home. Overall experience was wonderful. I am so happy I chose Dr. Su and will again with future pregnancies. I highly recommend her and the facility.

September 20th, 2012
BAD BAD BAD
I did my glucose test and it was bit high than cut off.I had lot of sweets and thats why it went high.I wanted to check with doc if i can take it again just to remove the doubt in my mind.When i went there,she was rude and told flatly that its not possible and need to take 3 hour test.I told that i want to tkae 1 hr test again then she got vey upset and told abt all laws and all the crap.Even when we were going for regular chak up she was always in hurry .She plays safe and have no smile or courtesy for the patient.She is not a good doctor and i wont recomend her to anybody

May 4th, 2012
Dr. Su delivered my baby, she was not my regular OB. She was very rude. After 2 hours opf pushing, I can tell she was frustrated - which is not good for a dr.I would not recommend her

April 10th, 2012
Great experience
After reading the reviews on Dr. Su, I have to be honest I made an appointment with another doctor on a different date. Other than cancel my appointment with her I decided to go anyways. Dr. Su and Staff were prompt and kind. She first came in and asked if I had any questions or concerns. She answered them all and also went through lots of test options and also asked me a lot of questions about me and how I am feeling. She made me look forward to the experience and relaxed me. I asked her about deliveries and how many she does a week. How often she delivers. I really was delighted with the experience and do not plan on seeing the other doctor which is said to be the best in OC. Great experience and a great doctor.

May 18th, 2011
Poor bedside manners
I went in for a routine annual pap smear. She was really rough and made me bleed. She had little say. She quickly did the test, asked if I had any questions, before I had a chance to think about a question, she was out of there. I will never go back.

April 5th, 2011
I did not like this experience overall, based on other doctors I have been to. It was mainly the entire Medical Center for Women who were very unprofessional and uncaring. I had an appointment for regular pregnancy check up and I was told to leave a urine sample. I was given no instructions and it was an abnormal expereince. At all of the other times in my life, the urine sample cups are sterile, and sealed. I actually was supposed to write my name on a Dixie cup, and leave my sample in it on a shelf, uncovered and not sealed, and next to several other samples. When I expressed concern, I was treated like an idiot. I was VERY uncomfortable with that. They are also trying to double bill me. I called my insurance company and they told me that they should NEVER ask for money from me directly, that all claims are sent to them and when they don't cover something, my insurance company bills me. They do not seem to understand this concept when I talk to them and have since sent the matter to collections. Good luck with that. I would NEVER recommend this office to anyone, mostly based on unprofessionalism of the workers, not the doctor so much. She wasn't terribly helpful when I asked her about things mulitple times. She would just tell me the same things, that were not working, over and over again. I usually prefer female OBGYNs but, this has changed my mind. I want experience.

March 31st, 2011
just ok
I would not recommend this doctor for pregnant women looking for an ob/gyn. She is relatively inexperienced and has a very robotic and emotionless demeanor. I would not be comfortable with this doctor delivering my baby. She is ok for routine checkups like an annual pap.

March 21st, 2011
Dr. Su is a genuine, caring, Dr. She took the time to listen to me concerns and addressed each one. She did not rush me out of her office.

July 14th, 2010
Not my cup of tea
My first appointment with Dr. Su didn't go as I had expected. Being my first pregnancy, I was hoping an informative first meeting, where the doctor would ask questions to know my history and explain how the follow-up meetings would proceed. Instead, the first thing I get is "Before we start, do you have any questions?" I knew that was not a good start. Not to mention that she didn't smile once during the 10 minute consultation. I can see her working for other people, but Dr. Su was not my cup of tea. I wouldn't recommend her for people who is pregnant for the first time, where you need the confidence, care, and connection to go through your pregnancy smoothly.