A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John McDermott is Excellent. Dr. McDermott has been reviewed by 2 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John McDermott, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Glaucoma, LASIK Laser In Situ Keratomileusis, and Lens Implants Intraocular Lens Implantation.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. McDermott graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. McDermott has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
- Ormc Arden Hill Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McDermott accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John McDermott:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. McDermott practice?
Dr. John McDermott practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Florida, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van McDermott, Dr. Deshawn McDermott, Dr. Jan McDermott, Dr. Hank McDermott, Dr. Shayne McDermott, Dr. Shane McDermott, Dr. Jackie McDermott, Dr. Giovanni McDermott