A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John McDermott:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John McDermott is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John McDermott, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. McDermott graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McDermott has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Arthur McDermott MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John A. McDermott practice?
- Dr. John McDermott has 1 office location.
Dr. John McDermott practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.