A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carter, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Winchester Medical Center Inc
- Winchester Med Ctr, Winchester, Va
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Bocock Carter MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John B. Carter practice?
- Dr. John Carter has 1 office location.
Dr. John Carter practices Ophthalmology near Winchester, VA.
See Winchester Ophthalmologists.