A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carter, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Winchester Medical Center Inc
- Winchester Med Ctr, Winchester, Va
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Bocock Carter MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John B. Carter practice?
- Dr. John Carter has 1 office location.
Dr. John Carter practices Ophthalmology near Winchester, VA.
See Winchester Ophthalmologists.