A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Cather:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Cather is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cather
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cather Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Cather, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cather graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Cather has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Christian Cather MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John C. Cather practice?
- Dr. John Cather has 1 office location.
Dr. John Cather practices Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Ophthalmologists and Dallas Psychiatrists.