A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Essepian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Essepian, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Essepian
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Essepian Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Essepian, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Essepian graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Essepian has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Northern Virginia Community Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Essepian MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John Essepian practice?
- Dr. John Essepian has 1 office location.
Dr. John Essepian practices Ophthalmology near Fairfax, VA.
See Fairfax Ophthalmologists.