A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Fifer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Fifer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fifer
Osteoporosis Patient Education Learn about osteoporosis and ways to prevent bone density loss, as well as uncontrollable risks.Before Visiting Dr. Fifer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Fifer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fifer graduated from University of South Florida Health, Tampa.
Dr. Fifer has 10 hospital affiliations:
- HealthPark Medical Center-Lee Memorial
- Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Sherwood Fifer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John S. Fifer practice?
- Dr. John Fifer has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Fifer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Fort Myers, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Estero, FL.
See Fort Myers Surgeons.