A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Fontaine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Fontaine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fontaine
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fontaine Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Fontaine, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontaine graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fontaine has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hahnemann University Hospital
- Tenet HealthSystem Hahnemann LLC
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Fontaine MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. John M. Fontaine practice?
- Dr. John Fontaine has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Fontaine practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists and Philadelphia Cardiologists.