A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Handelsman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Handelsman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Handelsman
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Handelsman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Handelsman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Handelsman graduated from University Of The Witwatersrand, Parktown. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Handelsman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John E Handelsman MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John E. Handelsman practice?
- Dr. John Handelsman has 1 office location.
Dr. John Handelsman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New Hyde Park, NY.
See New Hyde Park Surgeons.