A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Handelsman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Handelsman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Handelsman graduated from University Of The Witwatersrand, Parktown. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Handelsman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Handelsman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- American Sign Language