A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Handelsman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Handelsman is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Handelsman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Handelsman graduated from University Of The Witwatersrand, Parktown. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Handelsman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John E Handelsman MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John E. Handelsman practice?
- Dr. John Handelsman has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Handelsman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New Hyde Park, NY.
See New Hyde Park Surgeons.