A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hunkeler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hunkeler, Ophthalmologist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hunkeler
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Hunkeler Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hunkeler, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hunkeler graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Hunkeler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Anderson County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Douglas Hunkeler MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John D. Hunkeler practice?
- Dr. John Hunkeler has 1 office location.
Dr. John Hunkeler practices Ophthalmology near Overland Park, KS.
See Overland Park Ophthalmologists.