A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hunkeler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Hunkeler, Ophthalmologist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hunkeler, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hunkeler graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Hunkeler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Anderson County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Douglas Hunkeler MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John D. Hunkeler practice?
- Dr. John Hunkeler has 6 office locations.
Dr. John Hunkeler practices Ophthalmology near Overland Park, KS.
Additional practice locations include: Kansas City, MO and Leawood, KS.
See Overland Park Ophthalmologists.