A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kempen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kempen
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kempen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kempen, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Eye Diseases
- Uveitis (Posterior Uveitis)
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kempen graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kempen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John H Kempen MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John H. Kempen practice?
- Dr. John Kempen has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Kempen practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Baltimore, MD and Lutherville Timonium, MD.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.