A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kempen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kempen
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Kempen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kempen, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Eye Diseases
- Uveitis (Posterior Uveitis)
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kempen graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kempen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John H Kempen MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John H. Kempen practice?
- Dr. John Kempen has 1 office location.
Dr. John Kempen practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.