A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kempen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kempen, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Eye Diseases
- Uveitis (Posterior Uveitis)
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kempen graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kempen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kempen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John H. Kempen practice?
Dr. John Kempen practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.