Surgeons, Pediatrician
2660 10th Ave S
Ste 107
Highland Park, Birmingham, AL 35205
205-933-8588
Locations and availability (1)

|  Wouldn't trust him to clip my dogs fingernails  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2013

Let me be clear. I should have sued him when I had the chance like another poster had said . Do not take your kids to him if you want a doctor with even an ounce of compassion or bedside manner. You will not get it. This man is the definition of a doctor with the "god complex". Also, if you are no longer a child, ((11 and up)) you will receive horrible pain management after surgery. And yes, while you are still in the hospital. I would love to see this doctor go through ONE of the surgeries he put me through, and then be bullied by his own doctor while still in the hospital. Lets just say that his personality is probably very similar to that of the famous doctor, Josef Mengele. (Google him)

|  Nearly a malpractice. Be warned  |  show details
by Josh on Jun 11th, 2013

Simply put, this guy destroyed the use of my dominant hand in the long run. Came in with a compound bennetts fracture of my first metacarpal. It was rather obvious to see. I received multiple x-rays, mris, etc, neither him or his radiologists caught the fracture! He continually told me after multiple visits, "its fine, nothings wrong, your hand just went through some trauma and is getting over it." My muscle around the first metacarpal was showing signs of obvious atrophy by this point. He provided steroid joint injection without stabilization to "help alleviate the problem." Problem still insisted. After months of him responding the same and after multiple visits, I decided to go elsewhere. I went over to UAB and the surgeon, (after a simple x-ray!) he found the compound bennetts fracture and sliced me open for pin placement within a week. But the damage created by the months spent trying to find a solution with Dr. Killian's practice left my hand riddled with arthritis at a very young age. I will later get my thumb fused to my hand when the arthritis becomes too intense. A friend of mine had some lawyer buddies who she told the issue to. They began calling on a regular basis trying to get me to file a malpractice suit against him. I had some lawyers tell me they already had cases that won against him for malpractice!! Citing statements such as "I wouldn't even send my dog even if he was dying to Dr. Killian." I decided to take the higher path and not sue. But i am writing this a few years later as a warning to everyone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!! He is overconfident as a doctor, and that is the scariest thing I could ever wish for as a patient. The best doctors know when a patients problems goes above their heads. He does not, he will blindly stab at your problems, and since you are merely a patient, it is hard to second guess a doctor. But be warned. Before people begin to say, I am just a fluke. That I am not, I have had 8 surgeries (mostly orthopedic) over the past 10 years (I am inclined to take risks!), both my parents are doctors, so I know my way around doctors offices. I may have been a little old for a typical patient of Dr. Killian (18 at the time), but I still expected a standard of care and did not receive it.

|  Dr. Killian saved my daughter"s life!  |  show details
by annette mcleod on Jan 28th, 2013

First of all we had to wait, but he is worth the wait! On my first visit to him I had concerns that other specialists were not listening to. This DR. sat down and LISTENED! Sarah Grace has Klippel Feil and was never "typed" after observing her problems , I researched Klippel Feil on the internet.. I discovered we needed a flexon extension xray and a cervical MRI to see the problem. He immediately did the xray and promised to follow the MRI. He was true to his word even to the point of placing an addendum to the MRI specifically requesting the CERVICAL mri. He took the findings to a neuro surgeon who confirmed her spinal cord was impinged and emergency surgery was set in place! The ramifications of not doing the surgery were paraplegia or DEATH! May God Bless this man in all he does!

Sep 14th, 2012

The best orthopedic doctor we have ever been to!

Jun 28th, 2011

Amazing doctor! Wouldn't trust anyone else except Orthopedics for Kids!

May 19th, 2011

Very intelligent and knowledgeable. Great doctor!

by John Chaulk on Apr 8th, 2011

Absolutely brilliant.

|  Mom of two who see Killian  |  show details
by Mom of two on May 14th, 2010

Both of my children see Dr. Killian for different ortho problems.My oldest child has seen Dr. Killian since 1989 when he was at Children's Hospital. He is a wonderful doctor,one of the BEST and we very much love and respect him. Would not want to see anyone else. I very much value his opinion on his diagnosis and treatment options.True that wait times can be a little long but well worth the wait.

Apr 20th, 2010

He did not seem to care about my questions and acted like I was stupid for some of the things I asked. I did not feel like he took me serious.