Dr. John Killian Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Killian?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 14th, 2015

WORST CARE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible experience!! Dr. Killian is an arrogant, sarcastic, unprofessional physician with the beside manner of a dead cow! The way me and my child were treated was absolutely unacceptable. He is a "wait and see" kind of attitude with no regard for possible affects in the long run. Staff treated my child rudely with no regard to his injury and pain. Because of the lack of concern and proper treatment to my child, we are looking at visual deformity and loss of function. Unless you want a "quick fix" and a very sarcastic, unfriendly, jerk of a physician, you do not want to come to this office.

June 11th, 2013

Nearly a malpractice. Be warned

Simply put, this guy destroyed the use of my dominant hand in the long run. Came in with a compound bennetts fracture of my first metacarpal. It was rather obvious to see. I received multiple x-rays, mris, etc, neither him or his radiologists caught the fracture! He continually told me after multiple visits, "its fine, nothings wrong, your hand just went through some trauma and is getting over it." My muscle around the first metacarpal was showing signs of obvious atrophy by this point. He provided steroid joint injection without stabilization to "help alleviate the problem." Problem still insisted. After months of him responding the same and after multiple visits, I decided to go elsewhere. I went over to UAB and the surgeon, (after a simple x-ray!) he found the compound bennetts fracture and sliced me open for pin placement within a week. But the damage created by the months spent trying to find a solution with Dr. Killian's practice left my hand riddled with arthritis at a very young age. I will later get my thumb fused to my hand when the arthritis becomes too intense. A friend of mine had some lawyer buddies who she told the issue to. They began calling on a regular basis trying to get me to file a malpractice suit against him. I had some lawyers tell me they already had cases that won against him for malpractice!! Citing statements such as "I wouldn't even send my dog even if he was dying to Dr. Killian." I decided to take the higher path and not sue. But i am writing this a few years later as a warning to everyone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!! He is overconfident as a doctor, and that is the scariest thing I could ever wish for as a patient. The best doctors know when a patients problems goes above their heads. He does not, he will blindly stab at your problems, and since you are merely a patient, it is hard to second guess a doctor. But be warned. Before people begin to say, I am just a fluke. That I am not, I have had 8 surgeries (mostly orthopedic) over the past 10 years (I am inclined to take risks!), both my parents are doctors, so I know my way around doctors offices. I may have been a little old for a typical patient of Dr. Killian (18 at the time), but I still expected a standard of care and did not receive it.

January 28th, 2013

Dr. Killian saved my daughter"s life!

First of all we had to wait, but he is worth the wait! On my first visit to him I had concerns that other specialists were not listening to. This DR. sat down and LISTENED! Sarah Grace has Klippel Feil and was never "typed" after observing her problems , I researched Klippel Feil on the internet.. I discovered we needed a flexon extension xray and a cervical MRI to see the problem. He immediately did the xray and promised to follow the MRI. He was true to his word even to the point of placing an addendum to the MRI specifically requesting the CERVICAL mri. He took the findings to a neuro surgeon who confirmed her spinal cord was impinged and emergency surgery was set in place! The ramifications of not doing the surgery were paraplegia or DEATH! May God Bless this man in all he does!

June 29th, 2011

Amazing doctor! Wouldn't trust anyone else except Orthopedics for Kids!

May 19th, 2011

Very intelligent and knowledgeable. Great doctor!

May 14th, 2010

Mom of two who see Killian

Both of my children see Dr. Killian for different ortho problems.My oldest child has seen Dr. Killian since 1989 when he was at Children's Hospital. He is a wonderful doctor,one of the BEST and we very much love and respect him. Would not want to see anyone else. I very much value his opinion on his diagnosis and treatment options.True that wait times can be a little long but well worth the wait.

April 20th, 2010

He did not seem to care about my questions and acted like I was stupid for some of the things I asked. I did not feel like he took me serious.

June 24th, 2017