Surgeons, Sports Medicine Specialist
Orthopedic Surgical Conslnts
565 Jewett Ave
Staten Island, NY 10302
718-238-5565
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  TERRIBLE - NEVER go to this doctor  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2013

It was easy to get an appointment but I waited three hours to get in. The doctor seemed fine at first, but I went back because what the doctor recommended for my injury didn't work and my injury got worse. Again I waited over an hour to get in, and the doctor seemed to just want me in and out. When I spoke to him about my concerns he spoke to me in a very condescending manner and didn't seem at all concerned with my questions. He told me to get an MRI, and on my way out I asked the receptionist for a copy of my x rays, and they said they weren't able to give them to me because they didn't have the film they needed to give copies. So I scheduled an MRI with a place my insurance company found me, but when I got there it turned out that there were a lot of issues with the authorization code Dr L'Insalata's receptionist gave me. We got the doctor on the phone, and he proceeded to raise his voice at me saying that I was getting the wrong MRI (closed vs open) and that he didn't understand why I didn't go to the place across the street from his office. I explained that neither him nor his staff recommended an MRI center and that he never told me that I needed to get a closed MRI vs an open. He continued in this belittling manner. The receptionists in the MRI office were horrified and said that he should have written the type of MRI I needed on the prescription if he preferred one over the other. Needless to say, I will not be going back to him. The day before the MRI I was talking with one of my friends who is a personal trainer, and she said that she had been seen at the same office the year before and never went back. Terrible. I hope no one else has to have the same horrifying experience that I did. When you're injured and you just want to know what's wrong, you don't need a doctor yelling at you when he made a mistake.

|  Arthroscopic Surgery  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

I first went to Dr L'Insalata in 20001 for a sprained knee; he did the arthroscopic surgery and went smoothly. Came back with a friend in 2006 who had a fractured collarbone. Just saw him this month 2012 for further diagnosis and treatment. Dr. L'insalata has always taken his time with me, asking and answering all questions. Thank God his affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery as I need 2 knee replacements in the future.

|  Excellent, caring doctor!  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. L'Insalata for over 6 years related to various sports related ailments. He has always made me feel confident in his diagnosis and advice and was never quick to cut. I've brought my mother to him - she loves him!

May 25th, 2011

You will get the feeling that you are keeping Dr. L'insalata from something. The exam was rushed and he gives you the feeling that he'd rather be somewhere else. The woman who you speak with when you first come in, talks in robotic tones and doesn't even look up at you. The office looks more like a clinic in a 3rd world country.

Oct 24th, 2010

Overall, a very good experience. Spent time accurately diagnosing my son's sports related problem. Provided information and exercises which he himself provided to my son and I. My son wants to do premed in college and be like his doctor!

Sep 27th, 2010

Dr. LInsalata was extremely professional and highly intelligent. He diagnosed my knee problem immediately. Surgery went smoothly as well as the healing process. He was stellar in every sense of the word!