John C Linz MD Patient Reviews

3.6

September 7th, 2016
Don't waste your time
Do your research and find a specialist that understands bedside manner being so important when you are struggling. This specialist should never be considered compassionate when it comes to dealing with patients. He does not listen. He does not care about how your injury is impacting your life. If you want to feel like you are part of an assembly line then he's your man. Otherwise, steer clear of him.

July 7th, 2016
I had my ankle replacement in 2004 after having I Nguyen numerous other surgeries and am I ever thankful for Dr. Links and his experience. It was the best thing I ever did. My ankle is like new again. It healed exactly like he told me it would. He explained everything to me so I knew what to expect. His office staff is the best. Everyone takes your problem and helps you through it. His bedside manner is very friendly and helpful. He spent more than enough time with me at each follow-up appointments. God bless him I hope he is in practice for many years to come. I would hate to find another specialist for my ankle.

March 19th, 2016
Still in pain 2 years later !!
Went to Dr. Linz for Hallux Rigidus. He performed surgery and 2 years later I still have the problem!!! I was off work 3 1/2 months went to physical therapy and spent a lot of money out of pocket only to have to have the same surgery again this summer by a more qualified surgeon !!!

February 12th, 2015
High Quality Care
There was a time lag that was longer than I would have liked to get into see Dr. Linz but the care was excellent.

December 30th, 2014
Very compassionate and loves his job. Great physician.

March 20th, 2014
ankle replacement
still a lot of pain got infection on incison ,couldn't do therapy so ankle healed stiff still painfull, stays swelled all the time my thoughts infection was not treated kept getting worse befor anything was done took a total of 9 months

January 16th, 2014
Terrible experience, he should have known better
He's somewhat creepy and comes across similar to a tv announcer. My main problem with him is that his whole approach to the healing process was to never use the ankle, therefore it never healed properly and I had to get another surgery. When I kept coming and asking what was wrong, he couldn't help me and after months referred me to someone else.

March 10th, 2013
My opinion is Dr. Linz is THE BEST!!
If you have been lucky enough to have found this Dr. as I have, you've found the BEST! Having had 5 bones already fused in my foot and needing at least another 17 fused, you can imagine that I'm not a patient for just any ol Dr.! When I was finding a new Dr., three others said they could not help me, I was past repair! Instantly after seeing MRIs and x-rays, Dr. Linz had a plan! And, it sounds good to me!! After surgery in May and I know how the surgery went, I'll come in and leave more feedback. But, I KNOW that between the Lord and Dr. Linz in the operating room, things are going to be good and life will return to wonderful!

September 27th, 2012
Very satisfied
I was surprised to see other reviews giving him low marks for bedside manner. He is busy, but will spend as much time as you need if you present articulate questions about the condition or treatment. He doesn't have time to chat because someone with an problem just as important as your problem is waiting in the next room. Also, I have had non-medical additional questions answered by his very competent staff. He also takes time to discuss realistic outcomes from surgery...so LISTEN. That way you have reasonable expectations.

July 5th, 2012
I have had type 1 diabetes for many, many years and have had a multitude of physicians, some better than others. But I must say that Dr. Linz had the worst bedside manner I have EVER experienced. He was extremely rude and abrupt. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

May 4th, 2012
I have seen Dr Linz 2 times and am awaiting foot surgery to correct the mess made by another otrhopedic surgeon. He is professional, through and seems to know exactly what needs to be done. The othere surgeon while a plesant person, was in and out, did not inform me of the length of recovery, and bordered on flippant. Dr Linz appears to have none of those poor qualities, at least so far!

May 3rd, 2011
Very frustrating! He was rude, and I felt like I was talking to a little boy. I still can't walk properly, and I still am in a lot of pain. I would suggest a second opinion if you're planning on seeing him! (Or, find someone else to see in the first place!)