A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Owens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Owens is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Owens, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Degenerative Spine, Spinal Deformity, and Sports Medicine Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Hip, Knee and Shoulder Replacement.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Owens graduated from Columbia University, New York.More Education & Awards
Dr. Owens has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Englewood Hospital & Med Ctr
- Holy Name Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Owens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Owens practice?
Dr. John Owens practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Pain Medicine, and Surgery near Teaneck, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Englewood, NJ and Closter, NJ.
See Teaneck Orthopedic Surgeons, Teaneck Pain Management Doctors, and Teaneck Surgeons.