Dr. John Mendes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Mendes?

July 3rd, 2015

I am quite surprised by the previous reviews I have read. My husband has just undergone double knee replacement. Dr. Mendes could not have been more informative and caring during all our pre-surgery visits and post surgery as well. He is a total professional but also with a human touch…..

July 2nd, 2015

Never even got to see him after waiting one hour and a half -- office was cold -- doctor was cold -- They had an emergency but never told me the office staff was so poor always complaining about the horrible people meanwhile they were they were the horrible ones... just tell a person about the emergency and maybe the wait is not so bad!

March 29th, 2015

Extremely professional, very caring. Very detailed in f/u ccare No side effects from surgery/ The very best.

February 26th, 2015

Terrible experience

Condescending, arrogant and rude. My problem was not addressed or properly diagnosed. My husband and a close friend had a similar reaction so I know it is not just me.

February 24th, 2015

UNREASONABLY LONG WAIT

Had my 2nd appointment scheduled for 4:15 PM. Arrived to office at 4:10 PM. As of 5:35 PM, I still had not seen the doctor. Asked for my MRI and left the office...not even an apology from anyone for the long wait time. My first office visit I waited an hour to be seen. Time to find a doctor that does not greedily overbook patients and shows more genuine concern. Would NEVER return.

July 22nd, 2014

Does a doctor reflect the attitude of their office staff?

picked DR, Mendes with the suggestion of my internist. Tried to make an appointment but receptionist would not without giving my SS no. Told her I'd give her when I got to their office, Would not give my SS no. on an open line. There is enough identity theft !

July 9th, 2013

my review

For me, this was not a good experience. I found Dr Mendes to be rather condescending and a complete pedantic . In my option, he doesn't listen well, and once he's decided the issue, the conversation has ended. His diagnoses of my issue left much to be desired, and when I tried to tell him the issues beyond his assumptions, I was told to go and see someone else. To me, his best patience are those who don't research their issues, and who are more yes doctor types. In addition, he kept trying to rediagnoses other older issues, which I had already been successfully treated for. On the good side, I did not have a long wait in the waiting room.

October 11th, 2012

Condescending

Upon first meeting Dr. Mendes about my hand I was happy. It was only after wearing the brace and following his instructions to the letter and the brace came off and my hand was disfigured that I became dissatisfied. It is not only that I do not have full function of my hand and chronic pain, it was Dr. Mendes' attitude towards the situation. He told me it was not his fault for having set it wrong, but my fault for having broke it in the first place. I was at a loss because I found him to be intimidatingly confident and intelligent. How could I question his wisdom? And yet here I am with a gimp hand and out the money that he had initially assured me was covered by my insurance but in fact was not. Once I was no longer considered a patient, his office stopped taking my calls.

August 9th, 2012

A doctor who doesn't like answering questions

My husband and I went to see Dr. Mendes for my husband's back problem with herniated discs. Dr. Mendes went through the MRI report quickly, and then suggest him to do surgery right the way. We were trying to understand the exact situation, how much the disc was herniated, how did it pinch the nerve, how much it bulge out... etc, simple questions, come on, we are talking about surgery around the spine! Dr. Mendes answer was simple. 85%-90%, and you need surgery. When I asked him, so what is the exact measurement, he was like, didn't I tell you? It's 85%, here is the ruler (throwing it to the table in front of me), measure it yourself. I was like, but the MRI image on the screen is not 1:1, so what is the exact measurement? His answer was, I am in a rush, I have a patient waiting for me next door. Uh hah.. I see why he only spends 5mins with us, there is another 'important patient' next door... In short, we never get an exact measurement from Dr. Mendes. He doesn't seem to know how to measure neither.

August 28th, 2017