Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
200 Highland Ave
Ste 240
Glen Ridge, NJ 07028
973-746-2200
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Does a doctor reflect the attitude of their office staff?  |  show details
by John, can't rate Doctor. Never saw him on Jul 22nd, 2014

picked DR, Mendes with the suggestion of my internist. Tried to make an appointment but receptionist would not without giving my SS no. Told her I'd give her when I got to their office, Would not give my SS no. on an open line. There is enough identity theft !

|  my review  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

For me, this was not a good experience. I found Dr Mendes to be rather condescending and a complete pedantic . In my option, he doesn't listen well, and once he's decided the issue, the conversation has ended. His diagnoses of my issue left much to be desired, and when I tried to tell him the issues beyond his assumptions, I was told to go and see someone else. To me, his best patience are those who don't research their issues, and who are more yes doctor types. In addition, he kept trying to rediagnoses other older issues, which I had already been successfully treated for. On the good side, I did not have a long wait in the waiting room.

|  Condescending  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2012

Upon first meeting Dr. Mendes about my hand I was happy. It was only after wearing the brace and following his instructions to the letter and the brace came off and my hand was disfigured that I became dissatisfied. It is not only that I do not have full function of my hand and chronic pain, it was Dr. Mendes' attitude towards the situation. He told me it was not his fault for having set it wrong, but my fault for having broke it in the first place. I was at a loss because I found him to be intimidatingly confident and intelligent. How could I question his wisdom? And yet here I am with a gimp hand and out the money that he had initially assured me was covered by my insurance but in fact was not. Once I was no longer considered a patient, his office stopped taking my calls.

|  A doctor who doesn't like answering questions  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

My husband and I went to see Dr. Mendes for my husband's back problem with herniated discs. Dr. Mendes went through the MRI report quickly, and then suggest him to do surgery right the way. We were trying to understand the exact situation, how much the disc was herniated, how did it pinch the nerve, how much it bulge out... etc, simple questions, come on, we are talking about surgery around the spine! Dr. Mendes answer was simple. 85%-90%, and you need surgery. When I asked him, so what is the exact measurement, he was like, didn't I tell you? It's 85%, here is the ruler (throwing it to the table in front of me), measure it yourself. I was like, but the MRI image on the screen is not 1:1, so what is the exact measurement? His answer was, I am in a rush, I have a patient waiting for me next door. Uh hah.. I see why he only spends 5mins with us, there is another 'important patient' next door... In short, we never get an exact measurement from Dr. Mendes. He doesn't seem to know how to measure neither.