A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Okun:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Okun is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Okun, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Okun graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Okun has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- South Bay Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Okun accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 28 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Okun practice?
Dr. John Okun practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Brandon, FL.
See Brandon Surgeons.