A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petersen
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Petersen, DO, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Hepatitis C
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville.
Dr. Petersen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Shands at Live Oak
- Shands at Starke
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John W Petersen DO and MD is a male Internist, has 8 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John W. Petersen practice?
- Dr. John Petersen has 1 office location.
Dr. John Petersen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Gastroenterology near Gainesville, FL.
See Gainesville Internists, Gainesville Cardiologists, and Gainesville Gastroenterologists.