Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Karla Axtell on Oct 16th, 2014

Our daughter was diagnosed with MS her senior year of high school. As you can imagine we were very upset and concerned about what this meant for her future. Dr. Puente was very compassionate and knowledgable and always took the time to answer any question we had. I have recommended him many times. Dr Puente is hands down the best!!

|  Most Knowledgeable Doctor Available  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2013

I have been very lucky to have Dr. Puente as my neurologist. I was diagnosed with “very aggressive relapsing / remitting Multiple Sclerosis” in the fall of 2009. I feel that Dr. Puente is by far and hands down the most knowledgeable doctor to treat my condition. I have his personal phone and email in addition to his business contact information. I have used these at times when I had bad flair ups, and he would respond within a few hours. I have even received emails and phone calls from him on Sundays in response to some of my concerns. Therefore, I do not at all agree with the other comments posted here. He treats me with dignity and respect at all times, and I truly appreciate his honesty and layman’s terms for what is happening to me. I feel very blessed to have him with me as I go through this.

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

So I started seeing Dr.Puente about 3 years ago. I'm very happy to say I won't be seeing him anymore, especially after he just hung up on me on the phone. For the past 3 years Ive been a guinea pig for him. Ive been on about every medication for epilepsy and I still have seizures every day. I just don't think he cares about his patients let alone his job. I talked to him today to get an update on myself...he has had me do so much lab work that I have to pay out of the pocket, so I'd like details. He didnt have the patients for me, so he just hung up. How professional is that? Ive wasted a lot of money and time on him. I guess theres a lesson from this, and hopefully whoever reads this can learn from my mistake.

|  Follow up?  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2010

I think his bedside manner is fine although he appears uneasy with the info he is giving. It isn't pleasant information, so I guess he should seem a bit reluctant to tell me. I think the follow up is poor. I was started on a pretty serious med and...no follow up. In fact when I inquired about follow up I received a script in the mail for lab work. I am new to this disease and I have been left to figure it out on my own.

|  Horrible Experience--stay away!  |  show details
by Samantha Voorhees on Mar 30th, 2010

Wait time to get an appt 3 months... Once there the first time they were over two hours behind schedule and I finally left (nicely). Second appt. waited another 3 or so months to get to my appt date.. 5 days beforehand secretary leaves me message asking for my insurance info, when I return call they suddenly cant find me anywhere in the system. Told me I'd have to start all over again with a referral. After calling my wonderful general practioners office they seemingly had the whole mess straightened out after numerous phone calls..So back on track for originally scheduled appt. right??? NOPE... Puente's office called again 2 days before appt and said he refused to see me! He suggested I go back to the first specialist I saw (the one i was going to him for a second opinion for) but that he WOULD NOT be seeing me as a patient..My only response was (to the nurse because they have to do the Dr's dirty work) "you can tell him that's a very unprofessional thing to do to someone living with chronic pain". "Oh yes" she said, "she would"---give me a break!