3.8

May 19th, 2017
A Very Good Doctor
Dr. Puente is a very fine doctor who has been treating my mother for over a dozen years since her traumatic brain injury. Dr. Puente is very thorough in his examinations and has a wonderful rapport with my family. One gets the impression that he genuinely cares about his patients. He is very receptive to patient and families' ideas and will be open-minded in his approach to examining alternatives to medications. The staff at his new location seem to be somewhat confused on the phone, but Dr. Puente's services are well worth it. Dr. Puente sees patients in Lincoln as well as Omaha.

March 26th, 2017
Stay away from this "Dr"
My neurologist referred me to Puente and mary Filipino because he was retiring. They took me and told me they would keep me on the same meds that my past dr had me on because they were working the best that anything had thus far. From day one marys nurse Mia was ok until I mentioned my pain meds then she treated me like a druggy. Mary was to fill my pain med prescriptions fir me and when I needed the gard copy prescription my walmart was to call the office and she would write them up and I would pick them uo. Walmart called and was told that I had to go see a pain clinic to get my pain meds. I went to my general practitioner and he refilled them. When u seen mary the next time I told her about it and she said no I want you to have 1 refill of each of them. She felt sooo bad...lol and I'll set you up with the "pain clinic". She set up the appt at the "pain clinic" and I go to the office v to get the prescriptions and nothing again. Abd the "pain clinic " was a neurologist in omaha. Not a pain clinic. He doesn't deal with opiates either. I called to get my tecfidera from them until m I ne got delivered and set up my next appt and the short of it was they wouldn't give me an appt. They told me I was no longer a patient there? I got a voice mail from Dr. Puente (whom I've never met) saying he has informed all his employees there that I'm no longera patient there. They will not refill my prescriptions and will not give me my tecfidera. WHAT??? I'm in a new town no dr no referrals no neurologist no meds. And I just got used to the tecfidera and none of that either? Totally unethical. The office mfr tried to say walmart rejected the refill of my pain meds. A lie! I recorded walmart and my dealings with them after they lied to me. Also because my memory isn't the greatest. My phone gas a recorder on it also. The mgr tried to tell me that they got reports from several eastern nebraska pharmacies that I was trying to get opiates. LIE!!! I told him he needed to prove that they couldn't prove it. The "pain clinic dr" is now my neurologist I was never hooked on the pain meds ever I should not have had to go wuth this chronic pain though. I have never taken anything since I just live with it. My quality of life has gone down hill. He's not a dr. He's a coward. Him nor mary spoke to ne. She lied to my face. And to not give me refills or give me my tecfidera? I got so sick coming off that. I won't try another.

March 10th, 2017
Great Doctor!
When other doctors dismissed me as crazy, Dr. Puente kept searching for an answer and found it. A great physician. Always has time to listen and help.

January 20th, 2017
The Best
Very good neurologist. Cares about his patients.

January 3rd, 2017
I needed very specific help and need to get care for a family member as well. Dr. Puente was extremely helpful and thorough for both myself and my family member. I would highly recommend his care in Lincoln and in Omaha.

March 10th, 2016
AGAIN
great experience with only certain conditions with dr. But lying to a patient is phuced up

January 4th, 2016
Rude and insecure
The rudest, most insecure and condescending doctor I ever experienced. He insisted i couldn't possibly know what certain words I used meant - in fact he asked me what they meant and then asked how I knew. He kept it up though and asked me to talk without using the words. He told me he didn't like a certain hospitals tests - ones that should be negative if you have MS, which I told him. He got angry. Then I asked if he didn't like the test results because the test has a high false positive rate and he insisted I couldn't know what that means. I had to stop and ask if I should leave because of his attitude. He insisted he didn't know why I was there (I had 2 referrals) and said I didn't "look like anything was wrong with me." Ridiculous waste of time.

December 7th, 2015
Right ON
very informitave

October 16th, 2014
Our daughter was diagnosed with MS her senior year of high school. As you can imagine we were very upset and concerned about what this meant for her future. Dr. Puente was very compassionate and knowledgable and always took the time to answer any question we had. I have recommended him many times. Dr Puente is hands down the best!!

November 11th, 2013
Most Knowledgeable Doctor Available
I have been very lucky to have Dr. Puente as my neurologist. I was diagnosed with “very aggressive relapsing / remitting Multiple Sclerosis” in the fall of 2009. I feel that Dr. Puente is by far and hands down the most knowledgeable doctor to treat my condition. I have his personal phone and email in addition to his business contact information. I have used these at times when I had bad flair ups, and he would respond within a few hours. I have even received emails and phone calls from him on Sundays in response to some of my concerns. Therefore, I do not at all agree with the other comments posted here. He treats me with dignity and respect at all times, and I truly appreciate his honesty and layman’s terms for what is happening to me. I feel very blessed to have him with me as I go through this.

December 1st, 2011
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
So I started seeing Dr.Puente about 3 years ago. I'm very happy to say I won't be seeing him anymore, especially after he just hung up on me on the phone. For the past 3 years Ive been a guinea pig for him. Ive been on about every medication for epilepsy and I still have seizures every day. I just don't think he cares about his patients let alone his job. I talked to him today to get an update on myself...he has had me do so much lab work that I have to pay out of the pocket, so I'd like details. He didnt have the patients for me, so he just hung up. How professional is that? Ive wasted a lot of money and time on him. I guess theres a lesson from this, and hopefully whoever reads this can learn from my mistake.

July 27th, 2010
I think his bedside manner is fine although he appears uneasy with the info he is giving. It isn't pleasant information, so I guess he should seem a bit reluctant to tell me. I think the follow up is poor. I was started on a pretty serious med and...no follow up. In fact when I inquired about follow up I received a script in the mail for lab work. I am new to this disease and I have been left to figure it out on my own.