Dr. John Puente MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 3rd, 2017
I needed very specific help and need to get care for a family member as well. Dr. Puente was extremely helpful and thorough for both myself and my family member. I would highly recommend his care in Lincoln and in Omaha.

March 10th, 2016
AGAIN
great experience with only certain conditions with dr. But lying to a patient is phuced up

January 4th, 2016
Rude and insecure
The rudest, most insecure and condescending doctor I ever experienced. He insisted i couldn't possibly know what certain words I used meant - in fact he asked me what they meant and then asked how I knew. He kept it up though and asked me to talk without using the words. He told me he didn't like a certain hospitals tests - ones that should be negative if you have MS, which I told him. He got angry. Then I asked if he didn't like the test results because the test has a high false positive rate and he insisted I couldn't know what that means. I had to stop and ask if I should leave because of his attitude. He insisted he didn't know why I was there (I had 2 referrals) and said I didn't "look like anything was wrong with me." Ridiculous waste of time.

December 7th, 2015
Right ON
very informitave

October 16th, 2014
Our daughter was diagnosed with MS her senior year of high school. As you can imagine we were very upset and concerned about what this meant for her future. Dr. Puente was very compassionate and knowledgable and always took the time to answer any question we had. I have recommended him many times. Dr Puente is hands down the best!!

November 11th, 2013
Most Knowledgeable Doctor Available
I have been very lucky to have Dr. Puente as my neurologist. I was diagnosed with “very aggressive relapsing / remitting Multiple Sclerosis” in the fall of 2009. I feel that Dr. Puente is by far and hands down the most knowledgeable doctor to treat my condition. I have his personal phone and email in addition to his business contact information. I have used these at times when I had bad flair ups, and he would respond within a few hours. I have even received emails and phone calls from him on Sundays in response to some of my concerns. Therefore, I do not at all agree with the other comments posted here. He treats me with dignity and respect at all times, and I truly appreciate his honesty and layman’s terms for what is happening to me. I feel very blessed to have him with me as I go through this.

December 1st, 2011
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
So I started seeing Dr.Puente about 3 years ago. I'm very happy to say I won't be seeing him anymore, especially after he just hung up on me on the phone. For the past 3 years Ive been a guinea pig for him. Ive been on about every medication for epilepsy and I still have seizures every day. I just don't think he cares about his patients let alone his job. I talked to him today to get an update on myself...he has had me do so much lab work that I have to pay out of the pocket, so I'd like details. He didnt have the patients for me, so he just hung up. How professional is that? Ive wasted a lot of money and time on him. I guess theres a lesson from this, and hopefully whoever reads this can learn from my mistake.

July 27th, 2010
I think his bedside manner is fine although he appears uneasy with the info he is giving. It isn't pleasant information, so I guess he should seem a bit reluctant to tell me. I think the follow up is poor. I was started on a pretty serious med and...no follow up. In fact when I inquired about follow up I received a script in the mail for lab work. I am new to this disease and I have been left to figure it out on my own.

March 30th, 2010
Horrible Experience--stay away!
Wait time to get an appt 3 months... Once there the first time they were over two hours behind schedule and I finally left (nicely). Second appt. waited another 3 or so months to get to my appt date.. 5 days beforehand secretary leaves me message asking for my insurance info, when I return call they suddenly cant find me anywhere in the system. Told me I'd have to start all over again with a referral. After calling my wonderful general practioners office they seemingly had the whole mess straightened out after numerous phone calls..So back on track for originally scheduled appt. right??? NOPE... Puente's office called again 2 days before appt and said he refused to see me! He suggested I go back to the first specialist I saw (the one i was going to him for a second opinion for) but that he WOULD NOT be seeing me as a patient..My only response was (to the nurse because they have to do the Dr's dirty work) "you can tell him that's a very unprofessional thing to do to someone living with chronic pain". "Oh yes" she said, "she would"---give me a break!

March 30th, 2010