A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Owens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Owens, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Owens graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Owens has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Hospital Of The Univ Of Penn, Philadelphia, Pa
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Owens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 9 plans