A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tharp:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Tharp is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tharp
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tharp Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tharp, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Tharp graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Tharp has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Health Medical Center Heber Spings
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Gary Tharp MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John G. Tharp practice?
- Dr. John Tharp has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Tharp practices Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Cabot, AR.
Additional practice locations include: Little Rock, AR.
See Cabot Psychiatrists and Cabot Addiction Specialists.