Dr. John Dobson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Dobson?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. John Dobson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 28th, 2017

total knee replacement

I was very pleased with Dr. Dobson and his staff, The surgery went very well. I was up the same day and walking, I was amazed how little pain I had, I had some swelling which is normal,but I was walking the halls at SOMC. I would very highly recommend Dr.Dobson and Bunny they were great. I may need my left knee done in the future and Dr. Dobson will be my Doctor.You do not have to go out of Portsmouth to have your Knee done when you have such a fine Doctor here.

June 2nd, 2016

He has done all my surgeries and I hate it that he has left Springfield but it is to far for me to drive or I still would be going to him. If anyone needs surgery done he is the one to go to. He is most caring Dr. that I have be to in a long time.

December 2nd, 2015

I believe there was an accurate diagnosis of my child's injury.

April 23rd, 2015

rude staff

The red head front desk girl is rude, cuts people off, and is fake. I overheard her and the assistant, Jill talking bad about patients. It seems they don't care about patients much. Dr. Dobson is a wonderful man being represented by the wrong people. I will say Patti is a delight and there was another girl there that was very kind, she had dark hair and seemed to care about patients genuinely.

July 11th, 2013

Front desk staff rude and not accommodating. Dr does not believe n physical therapy. Follow up not thorough.

May 9th, 2012

Fine doctor I'd recommend highly!

Very easy to find location. Everyone was professional and very caring. Dr. Dobson's approach is caring and he treated me like family. He is a soft spoken but gets right to to problem and I was very impressed by his knowledge.

April 7th, 2012

Unprofessionalism

Home care nurse called to get physical therapy switched to them- Staff member very inappropriately told her i did not need home care was too high functioning. she did not know my diagnosis of 6 disks out in back- narrowing of spine - degenerative disk- bukgine heirnated isks- I am seeing the docotr for a knee issue not my back! not to mention hip issues - Have neurosurgeons and neurologists reports to baack this up

November 14th, 2009

My first bad experience with a medical

Overall, the experience was very poor and disappointing. I'll explain. It started well. I called to make an appointment and got one for the same day. Very nice! The office called me to come in early as appointments ahead of mine had cancelled. I complied and was happy about accommodating. I show up and still waited to see anyone until after my original appointment time. That is understandable...it was only a few extra minutes. Ironically no other patients were in the office. The only staff besides the receptionist that I saw was a female who I believe is a Nurse and she was very busy playing with a child. while I sat for 30 minutes. I think a family centered practice is great but not at the expense of injured patients. The nurse finds the time to escort me to a room and says the doctor will be right in. This took her all of 45 seconds. So, I finally get my fractured ankle in to see the doctor and he literally sees me for 5 minutes. He gave me no care instructions, no info on the severity of the fracture, or where exactly the fracture is located in my ankle. I will admit I was overwhelmed from the entire experience but I am responsible for asking questions up to a certain level. He is the physician and should feel compelled to inform me to a degree. I left, eager to get home and put my aching ankle up and settle in with some pain medication. A few weeks passed. I decided to call to ask those questions that were not answered since that initial visit. Whomever answered the phone promptly told me that the Dr. would not speak to me on the phone at anytime and that I must make an appointment to discuss issues. I told her that I only wanted clarification on what the initial visit had revealed. She said I could schedule a visit now (great more money spent on my end) or come in for my next scheduled appointment in two weeks. I told her this is ridiculous and that I only want a few answers about my initial visit. She rudely told me that I have the option to cancel my appointment. Of course I am well aware of that and felt it was unnecessary that she threw that out there in the way she did. I tried to explain that all I need is some information that I have already been billed for. Apparently that is too much to ask. So that conversation ends. I start thinking about how I can get some information. I send an email to the records person listed on the Dr.'s website. Just one line saying, Please mail my medical records to me. Thanks". Several days pass, I've received no email response so I call to find out if a NURSE (yes a Nurse! Maybe they can help!)could tell me what is going on with my fractured ankle. At this point in the recovery process I just want to know whats normal, what do I need to do besides crutches, ice, and elevation. I just want a little service. I am a paying customer after all. So, the receptionist says she will have the nurse call me for that. GREAT! That would have been helpful to know when I called the first time. I didn't realize there was another person that would discuss the initial visit. Well its several days later and I haven't heard from any nurse. The only reply is from the Dr. Dobson ( who never choose to call his patient) which is a letter stating he wants to terminate services immediately. All I can think is how poor this customer care has been! I think sending that email asking for the records to look at and read up on what they had decided was the final straw for them. Really? Is that too much to ask of your DR.? I find it sadlacking in professionalism, integrity, and just terrible customer service. I never once raised my voice, cursed, or demanded a single thing. Apparently making a couple of phone calls for information is too much to ask at Dr. Dobsons office. Oh, and I wouldn't send an email either! Good luck with this one!

March 29th, 2017