Obstetrician & Gynecologist

3.0

R.N. show details R.N.
by Carol on Dec 8th, 2015

Dr Brough is friendly , professional,and excellent. He is up to date on the latest information. He is truly an advocate for women's health.

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
by Michelle Fisher on Feb 16th, 2015

Very poorly managed practice in a hospital system that managed the United State's first case of Ebola very poorly resulting in Ebola infection of two nurses. I had a total of three appointments at the Dallas Presbyterian location and each time, the practice managed to be less than desirable. The first was relatively simple and not a huge ordeal. After an examination, the doctor explained that I should obtain a flu shot and stated the nurse could give me one that very day. Great!, I thought until at the checkout I was told I had to pay, as office practice was they won't charge insurance for it. Not a huge deal. Second visit, new doctor comes into the room and does not introduce herself and proceeds with a few questions, as I explain major headaches and even that I called the office, after hours, seeking relief. Response, I can give you a referral to a neurologist. No thoughts on what may be affecting me or reassurance! Then she failed to bring the referral, had to ask later. There were two instances where I called and asked for the office to coordinate appointments with the perinatal office and was told it would be easy to do so but never received returned calls. I recently relocated here and started a new job with rigorous training program that limits my availability. I explained this upfront and was assured by the practice that they would be able to accommodate. On 1/26/2015, I scheduled a 3:30 at the perinatal office and 4:30 at the Women's Health Specialists of Dallas office. I left my office at 3:00 for my appointment and listened to my voicemails. At 1:45,office staff left a message that the doctor could not be at my 4:30 appointment but could at 4:00. I tried to hurry and pushed to get through my upstairs appointment but to no avail. The more I pondered the last minute cancellation and thought about the reverse, if I'd have canceled ($$), I was very disappointed with the office's ability to deal with daily issues. A major practice should be able to deal with an emergency situation in the office, with patients and have the ability to still meet the appointments scheduled over a month ago. The office manager had gone for the day so I spoke with Ms. French (?), manager over the reception area and expressed my concerns and she was not apologetic nor concerned. She basically stated things happen that are beyond the doctors control. I agree and am glad that they take care of emergencies. You are a professional practice with multiple doctors that could've scheduled coverage adequately. I will be finding a more professionally managed office to assist me with my pregnancy and care.

I couldn't hope for a BETTER Dr.! show details I couldn't hope for a BETTER Dr.!
May 31st, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Brough's for almost 15 years. He is the best doctor I could ever hope for. Dr. Brough has seen me through infertility issues, two live births, a stillborn, and two miscarriages. He was also by my side as I recently went through breast cancer. He is so caring, thorough and professional. When we lost our daughter, he would call me at home to see how I was doing. When I was nearly dying in the hospital from complications of breast cancer, he would come and visit me almost daily...and I wasn't even under his directive care. Dr. Brough is so kind. He spends the time needed to take care of your needs. He is the BEST OF THE BEST!!!! His staff and the other doctors that he works with are wonderful, too.