Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mrs show details Mrs
by Ana on Aug 11th, 2016

I have had surgery with Dr. Hyde twice and both times his performance has been outstanding. No wonder he is considered among the best doctors in America.

by eva saumell on Aug 3rd, 2016

I cannot praise Dr. Hyde enough, he told me that 90% of my pain would go away after the surgery and it has, he is the more optimistic, caring, happy doctor I have ever known, he is also incredibly professional, his office works extremely organized and he has given me the life back that I lost nine years ago. Thank you Dr. Hyde, you are an angel.

Dr.Hyde changed my life show details Dr.Hyde changed my life
by Tadd Gorfido on Jul 20th, 2016

For 15 years I suffered from degenerative discs in my lower back. I managed the pain for the first 10 years with occasional pain medications and physical therapy. I have always been a very active person who loved sports, especially golf and in the final 5 years before surgery the constant pain was stopping me from being able to participate in the activities I enjoyed doing as well as the day to day activities that I needed to do. Trying to avoid a major surgery I chose pain management to cover up my back pain and continue to be active on a daily basis. After 4 years of pain management I knew it was time to reclaim my life and have surgery. I needed a double fusion of L4 to S1. I consulted with 3 respected surgeons and selected the one my family and myself were comfortable with and who was in close proximity to our home. The surgery was a complete failure, for 2 months after the surgery I could barely stand and at the 6 month mark I knew the surgery was not successful despite the surgeon trying to convince me that I was only imagining the pain. I knew wasn’t imagining needing help to get up out of bed as I couldn’t even stand up by myself. At the 7 month mark I got another MRI and started consulting with new surgeons. At the time of my 1st surgery I did know of Dr. Hyde but was fortunate enough to be referred to him from a life long friend. I decided to make the hour and half drive for a consult with Dr. Hyde and needless to say it was the best decision I have ever made for my back. Dr. Hyde didn’t take long to tell me he would fix my fusion and repair the issues the first surgery caused. After one failed fusion I was hesitant about a second but Dr. Hyde’s confidence in what he could do to help me gave me the courage to proceed with another surgery. I headed into the surgery with Dr. Hyde hoping that I would simply be able to stand up again without help from anyone and possibly be able to lead an active life again in time. Two hours after the surgery with Dr. Hyde I stood up on my own and tried to convince him and the hospital staff I was ready to go home! I was amazed that after 2 hours I was actually more mobile than I was 6 months after my first surgery. While I did have some post operation discomfort, the pain in my back was 99% better than before the surgery. In less than 1 day Dr. Hyde changed my life for the better! At the 6 month mark I played my 1st round of golf in 2 years, and didn’t suffer from the pain I had become so accustomed to living with. I learned first hand why Dr. Hyde is considered to be one of the top orthopedic surgeons in his field…because he is! It has been over 4 years since Dr. Hyde gave me my life back and I could not be happier with the results! Thank you Dr. Hyde!

Surgery show details Surgery
by Eileen w on Jul 4th, 2016

I would recommend Dr Hyde to anyone. It is two weeks since my surgery and I'm walking at least a mile a day, something I haven't been able to do without extreme pain in three years. His staff was so helpful and my calls were returned promptly

Dr Hyde's Review show details Dr Hyde's Review
by Melissa Medina on Jun 20th, 2016

I don't always give reviews but Dr Hyde was awesome! He didn't rush my appointment, answered my many, many questions and concerns, and was very pleasant. In addition, his PA, Yesenia is very sweet and also very attentive. She helped me after the surgery tremendously. Love Mel

GRF show details GRF
Jun 19th, 2016

Excellent. Allready started recomending future patient. Super nice treatment.

by Robson Lopes on May 30th, 2016

It was a GREAT procedure and the pain I felt after the procedure was normal and manageable! Dr Hyde is an EXCELLENT surgeon and his staff is extremely helpful and professional!

by Weissman/Joel on May 26th, 2016

This is one of the most through surgeons I have met. His pre and post surgical procedures guarantee success.

by Lourdes Villazon on May 23rd, 2016

My experience has been terrific, the pain I was in for 9 months was gone once Dr. Hyde did the surgery. I'm post op 2 weeks and I feel like he has given me a new life and I have not recuperated fully yet.

Worse Manners EVER show details Worse Manners EVER
Feb 10th, 2016

If you are a workmens comp patient RUN...he does not does not care about you...

Ms. show details Ms.
by Siri Jones-Russell on Jan 21st, 2016

I was in excruciating pain for over a year and a friend recommended that I try to see Dr. Hyde, getting an appointment was rather easy. After exam he made a diagnosis and then treatment. I Was almost pain free until surgery. He has preformed three surgeries on mse and I am pleased with all.

Two weeks later show details Two weeks later
by Sue W on Jan 21st, 2016

I cannot believe how well I feel just shy of 2 weeks from my lower back surgery. I have none of the pain that prompted the procedures and no pain from surgery.

Xlif procedure lumbar fusion show details Xlif procedure lumbar fusion
by DuWayne Hass on Dec 24th, 2015

Immediate results and relief. Up and walking the next day... Slowly of course.... Was off pain medication quickly... Love the Health Loop daily check in / reminder. Dr. Hyde and staff give immediate response to the questions you post and survey you complete regarding your daily progress. I have already recommended three people.

Nov 26th, 2015

After three previous surgeries from other Drs. I finally came across Dr. Hyde who I believe finally resolved my issue. I am very pleased with his work.

He made the impossible possible! show details He made the impossible possible!
by Ian on Nov 9th, 2015

After years of looking for pain relief and being told I am "not operable" my wife's close friend, a Nurse Practitioner, suggested we contact Dr. Hyde. We made the initial appointment which was worth the wait when he said "I think I can help you"! I needed to go for a CT scan and return in 2 weeks. I can't explain how I felt when he said "Yes, I can help you". It took 2 surgeries 4 weeks apart but was well worth it. I arrived home today after my second surgery and I am straighter, taller and in 50% less pain. I am heading towards a new life!

Much room for improvement show details Much room for improvement
Oct 30th, 2015

Horrible experience. More money driven than most practices. Minimal direct patient contact and lacks a personal touch. Ill-informed and extremely unprofessional. Would recommend avoiding. You can find better...Hyde isn't terrible in terms of surgical technique, but his personality can be a difficult for some to handle (narcissistic and poor listening skills). As is the case with most physicians, he does seem to be overstretched with too many patients, multiple practice locations, and less than optimal mid-level providers. He probably has minimal control over the practice structure, but none the less, the patients suffer. He seems to only be interested in providing interventional approaches that earn him the most income regardless of medical evidence. I get that this is the name of the game, but it is a bit misleading to advertise as a place that provides a comprehensive approach to spine conditions.

Ms. show details Ms.
by Colette Siwka on Oct 22nd, 2015

Very high level or professionalism and technological innovation. I felt very safe and will recommend Dr. Hyde and his team very much.

Made a diagnosis he is not an expert in show details Made a diagnosis he is not an expert in
Oct 13th, 2015

Went there for a workers compensation appointment and he made a diagnosis that it was a neurological problem. I have the written evaluation by him. He is an orthopedic doctor not a neurologist. It seemed as though the workers compensation people had him picked out for this.

by Brittany Bagan on Oct 13th, 2015

I really liked having the portal because it was simple and easy to manage. Plus I got a response to a question every morning if I asked one.

by Bill O'Connell on Oct 12th, 2015

Dr Hyde and his staff are the BOMB! My surgery went very well and the follow up by his office is the best I have ever received in my 80 plus work related surgeries I have had. His ability to do his surgery so well decreased the amount of pain I was expecting in comparison to my last cervical fusion, which was the most painful surgery of my life.

sorry I don t understand show details sorry I don t understand
by javier batista on Oct 1st, 2015

yes the surgery was perfect. Dr. Hyde is a super profesional and gave me all the information and good attention.

Sep 26th, 2015

Arrogant, refuses to do a second surgery after he performed the first one a couple years ago. He messed up my back and the pain is unrelenting. He did a halfway job according to other opinions I have seen this past year.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Marta on Sep 17th, 2015

Dr. Hyde was the only one that diagnoses my illness and perform surgery with minimal access. After two weeks of the surgical procedure done I am doing very good and every thing has been as I was told

by Juan A Morales on Sep 17th, 2015

Very happy with the quality if my surgery.....not so happy with the PERSONAL interface. Some people very nice, some peoples bed side manners....SO-SO !!!!!

by Olga Araquistain on Aug 28th, 2015

Dr. Hyde changed my life I am very grateful that after four years of living in pain where I could not do anything because it was becoming more difficult, relived thank you very much Dr. Hyde

Laminectomy procedure L4/L5 show details Laminectomy procedure L4/L5
by Shelia Gasson on Jul 2nd, 2015

All I can say is I walked out from an outpatient procedure feeling great. I was walking up to 2 miles the day after and 6 miles within a couple of days. No issues and its 2 weeks later. I have already recommended him to several friends that plan on calling him.

by Marla Moore on Jun 21st, 2015

I am so happy with the outcome of my surgery..

Jun 11th, 2015

Y fully recommend doctor Hyde overall attention and result area so far greats. My concerned is that y talk to much whit a nurse and y need experience do the talking with my doctor because y chose him .

by Ursula on Jun 2nd, 2015

I tell all my friends to see Dr Hyde when having back problems

Owner of an engineering firm, mechanical engineer show details Owner of an engineering firm, mechanical engineer
by Ricky celestina on May 31st, 2015

I traveled to Miami from Curacao with an extreme pain in my right arm. Dr. Jonathan Hyde recommended immediate surgery. I followed his advise and am very greatfull that I did. I woke up after the surgery with absolutely no pain n my arm. Amazing!!! He is simply the best!!

by Lisa s. on May 29th, 2015

The surgical experience was far less painful than I was prepared for. I'm two weeks out of surgery and feeling better than before surgery-no pain meds and only a tiny scar. I was hoping to return to work sooner, but am happy to wait given how right they've been about my progress so far. Many thanks. .

Minimally Invasive Surgery with Dr. Hyde - the way to go for spine surgery show details Minimally Invasive Surgery with Dr. Hyde - the way to go for spine surgery
by Henry Popkin on May 21st, 2015

Originally I was scheduled to have "traditional" spine surgery with a spine doctor in Broward County. I went to Dr. Hyde for a second opinion. After consulting with Dr. Hyde, I immediately cancelled my previously scheduled surgery and scheduled a "minimally invasive" TLIF spine surgery with Dr. Hyde. The "traditional" spine doctor explained about the surgery he does: 1) two to four day hospital stay, 2) a lot of blood loss, 3) high chance of infection, 4) long recovery period. Dr. Hyde, who did my "minimally invasive" spine surgery explained about the surgery he dies: 1) one day hospital stay, 2) minimal blood loss, 3) extremely low chance of infection, 4) shorter recovery period. The day after my surgery I went home, four days later I was off the pain medications, and twelve days after surgery I was driving. Dr. Hyde is an excellent surgeon and his "minimally invasive" surgery technique makes a world of difference in the healing process.

by Tito Rodriguez and Mirta Iglesias. on May 13th, 2015

My wife and myself had lower back surgery with dr Hyde about 2 years ago. I can tell that our lifes changes 100%. Now we are able to do things like we never though off. We just returned of a vacation trip we did hiking, horse riding, walking miles up doown hill and with no pain at all. We only has good memories about this surgery. We thank Dr Hyde for returned back our lives.

Apr 23rd, 2015

avoid him at all cost if on a worksman comp case. Very rude ,

Dec 11th, 2014

Best spinal Doctor in South Florida hands down.

Most arrogant doctor ever show details Most arrogant doctor ever
Nov 30th, 2014

Most arrogant doctor I have ever met. Horrible person. Full of himself. Egocentric. Obnoxious.

businessman show details businessman
by Jake on Aug 27th, 2013

If you are a workers comp patient you are treated like the bottom class of society. Been to many doctors but this guy is not where it is at.

THE BEST SPINE SURGEON!! show details THE BEST SPINE SURGEON!!
by Linda Landau, RN on Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Hyde diagnosed my problem immediately, which was confirmed by MRI. My surgery was 4 1/2 hours with my sciatic nerve totally crushed and twisted. He did a graft and fusion and had me walking that evening. I am completely pain free and can finally walk with no assistance. I had been in severe pain for 7 months. Dr. Jonathan Hyde is a top notch surgeon. I might add, I had No post-op infection!

Highly Recomended show details Highly Recomended
Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr Hyde is an exceptional physician with a comprehensive,knowledgeable,and caring staff as well as extensive resources and relationships across the country. His dedication to excellence is evident in his attention to detail,his expertise in interpreting radiological studies,and his ability to diagnose complex orthopaedic problems. His efficiency,knowledge,and commitment to accurate diagnosis and treatment ate truly a winning combination.

He thinks he is repairing a car. show details He thinks he is repairing a car.
Jul 28th, 2012

No humanism. No painkiller after surgery. Bad surgery. No feelings. He thinks he is perfect and his job looks beautifuuullll!, regardless of the pain you still experience.

Jan 20th, 2012

as part of the Medical profesion I have dealt with many Doctors and office staff. I must say Dr. Hyde is one of, if not the best spine doctor I have ever met and his office staff is execellent. I will recommend him to anyone.

Mr show details Mr
by Luis Zutel on Oct 4th, 2010

Careless staff, Phisical Therapists have no clue, nor coordination between them.Dr Seth Kaufman, performed 3 epidural unsucsesfully because it was applied to the wrong vertebrae. Wrong evaluation of my case.They billed more than $9000.00 to the insurance, and treat me for more than 6 month with no improvements. A total failure, stay away from this "institute"

feeing great show details feeing great
by Key West Dave on Mar 21st, 2010

3 weeks post op. feeling like a new person.walking 3 mile a day and smelling the roses every step of the way! Next week I can go swimming,can't wait!