A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Contreras:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jose Contreras is Satisfactory.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jose Contreras, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Laser Surgery
- Urinary Incontinence
Education & Awards
Dr. Contreras graduated from Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo (UASD).
Dr. Contreras has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Contreras accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jose D. Contreras practice?
Dr. Jose Contreras practices Urology near New York, NY.
See New York Urologists.