A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Pena:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jose Pena is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pena
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Pena Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jose Pena, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Pena graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Pena has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Tulane University Hospital & Clinic
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - New Orleans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jose Manuel Pena MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Jose M. Pena practice?
- Dr. Jose Pena has 1 office location.
Dr. Jose Pena practices Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Forensic Psychiatry near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Psychiatrists.