Dr. Jose Sanchez-Lacay MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 2 reviews

November 30th, 2016
vERY PROFESSIONAL AND NICE. HE GAVE ME ALL THE OPTIONS FOR MY TREATMENT AND DISCUSSED THOROUGHLY THE POSSIBLE MEDICATIONS.AFTER TWO YEARS, I RECOMMEND HIM.

July 30th, 2016
Dont see him if you're a young adult or have controlling parents
I urge any young adult in college or otherwise to seek a different psychiatrist than Dr, Sanchez Lacay. I sincerely hope my experience with Dr. Sanchez never happens to any pour soul again. My family staged a mini intervention during one of the most fragile months I've ever had using Dr. Sanchez as an interventionist. At the time I was recovering from a manic episode, but I was doing well in school, I was working, and doing incredibly well on my medication for over six months. I am a generally timid and easily shook person. This intervention was horrifying. Despite me arranging an appointment to see Dr. Sanchez the day before the intervention by coincidence, I asked him personally what the nature of the meeting was and received no information. I had been cooperating with him and my medication regiment strictly for more than half a year, and had no idea of the sh*tstorm that was coming. Instead of being upfront about what the meeting was, neither he nor my family was willing to admit it was about me and my mental illness. It was arranged entirely under the guise of "family meeting", Leading up to the family meeting, Dr. Sanchez issued some gradually escalating threats to spank me "like they do to bad children in my family" for going off my medication for the week that caused my episode. The "intervention" itself started out as a conversation, but gradually escalated into a screaming match as I questioned why I was lied to despite cooperating with Dr. Sanchez. At the very least I deserved to be spoken to like an adult, and over the course of 30 minutes he turned what was supposed to be a "family meeting" into a public shaming for my difficulties with my mental health. My family ignores me and my mental health most of the time. Getting better after my episode was a hard uphill battle, but it had almost nothing to do with my family. My girlfriend helped, I helped myself, but my family showed up six months later to stage the mother of all interventions on someone who was literally holding their head above water with all their might. Anyone with parents who use medical professionals to air their grievances towards their children please don't go to Dr. Sanchez Lacay. He will throw you under the bus the instant your parents, or whoever pays the bills shows up and tells him to. If you are a young adult looking to take control of your mental health, look elsewhere. There are plenty of other psychiatrists who are willing to treat you like a human being. I am above 18, I do no drugs, I cause almost no problems and am a compliant person. I am the only one in the family to regularly see a therapist. My siblings present during the intervention do several drugs, drink heavily, and have their own mental health problems that are never discussed in a family forum nor addressed in their personal lives to this day. My father suffers from severe depression and anxiety that has been untreated for over a decade. Save yourself from living through the agony of standing trial for your mental illness. I will pay for you to see another psychiatrist.