Dr. Joseph Barone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Barone?

Posted on October 19th, 2017

Complete waste of my time. Did not review any records. After listening to our concerns, simply wrote useless prescriptions that I wouldn't give it to the dog, let alone to my child. Suggested unnecessary surgery. Only cares about producing income for himself.

Posted on February 2nd, 2016

I can't even rate Dr. Barone because upon calling for an appointment I had the misfortune of speaking with the most rudest , ill mannered condescending administrator. Noreen wouldn't even listen when I tried to tell her that his pediatrician wanted him to be seen ASAP. She responded by saying she hears that at least 50 times a day. She continued by saying there was absolutely no way he could get seen on an emergency. After I hung up on her I decided to call back and complain to the office manager. Too my surprise she is the office manager. Stay away . The staff is a representation of the doctor.

Frustrated Patient

Posted on September 18th, 2015

This doctor was recommended by our pediatrician. I don't know how good he is because we never had a chance to see him. He kept canceling our appointments. We took days off from work and school to accommodate his schedule and he cancels on us at the last minute. The worst part was the office never called us we called the office to confirm our appointment hours before just to find out it was canceled. I've never experienced anything like this from any doctor and certainly don't plan on seeing him. I can not trust a doctor who can't even keep a scheduled appointment.

Paula G

Posted on February 21st, 2014

My son was born with a condition called hypospaidas. I saw 3 different doctors and let Dr. Barone do the surgery because he was the only one who did this procedure without a catheter. All the others wanted my son to have a catheter for a week...YUK! Anyway, everything went great and could not be happier.

Posted on February 19th, 2014

Great experience. Did take a long time to get in to see him but I guess that means he has lots of patients.

Posted on June 25th, 2013

We went to see Dr. Barone on a referral from our pediatrician. He was still experiencing nightly incontinence as a 10 year old. We arrived at the appointment and they told us we didn't have one and we would have to reschedule even though it took us an hour to get there and my husband took time off of work to be there. The staff could not fathom that the scheduling error was there's and told us that even though the Doctor was there, it was his early day and was not going to see us. After some heated back and forth with the rude receptionist, he conceded to see us. The nurse did a quick test measuring urine flow and then we met Dr. Barone. His beside manner was brusque and condescending. We sought him out b/c our pediatrician said he had a wonderfully successful program to "cure" this type of incontinence in children. He basically write my son a prescription and handed it to me. When I asked him about the type of medication and its side effects, he was visually irritated and told me there was none. I asked about the "behavioral therapy" that my doctor had told me about and he dismissed me and said you wil have to make another appointment. Leaving his office, we felt ripped off. It was not the visit we expected. Later that night I picked up his RX at the pharmacy and read the warnings and description that came along with it. When I asked the pharmacist about the warning of suicidal feelings, he explained that it was one a first generation antidepressant from back in the 60's. Really? No side effects to the meds Dr. Barone? Who does this kind of thing? Upset, I called the office the next day and he would not field any questions or call me back. I was told I needed an appointment. I wouldn't have needed an appointment if he had answered my question on that first day and had been honest with me. I returned the script to the pharmacy since there was no way I was going to give my child an antidepressant regardless of what other value it had. The possible consequences outweighed the benefits for us. The kick in the pants was when our explanation of benefits arrived from our insurance company. Dr. Barone's office charged us for thousands of dollars of "surgery". When we called about this, we were told that the bill was correct and that the large sum was for the simple urinary flow assessment they did. Really? Thousands of dollars for that? Dr. Barone, you are a fraud and a rip off. If you need a pediatric urologist, go to CHOP. Those doctors truly love what they do. They are the top in their field and have the utmost respect for their young patients and their families. If you are ever referred to Dr. Barone, run!

Might be known as a good surgeon, but one of the poorest communicators I have ever met!

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

I took my son at 2 weeks old to see Dr. Barone regarding an issue with one of his kidneys. I had met him previously for a pre-natal visit; he was recommended by my OB/GYN, and he seemed professional and courteous when my husband and I went to see him. However, when I took my son to see Dr. Barone the mood was vastly different.We had to wait for over an hour, and not to mention the crazy person he has working at the front desk. She must have asked me 10 times for my insurance and ID cards when I had already given them to her, and it took her longer than it should have to process my paperwork and co-payment, even though I had been to the office before. Finally after we saw the Doctor, he barely said hello to me, and then reviewed my son's case like it was something routine. Maybe he didn't care as much because my son's condition is common, and doesn't require surgery, so Barone won't be making much money off of him. Regardless, he has terrible communication skills and his bedside manner is non-existent; a corpse honestly has more personality than this man!I am not saying that every doctor should have a sparkling personality, but at least speak in complete sentences and don't give me a "deer in the headlights" stare when I ask you a question.Another thing is that he will not come to the phone if you have a question; you have to make an appointment to see him!! Sure, I don't mind driving 45 minutes in traffic both ways, and then pay another co-payment so you could spend 5 minutes with me and speak to me like I am an idiot!Needless to say, I have found another pediatric urologist that I am happy with; we won't be going back to Dr. Barone, and I would discourage anyone from using him as their child's pediatric urologist.

Thought we would never be out of diapers!

Posted on June 23rd, 2011

Great Doctor! Great staff!

Don't bother to setup up appointment

Posted on October 22nd, 2010

We were on our way to see this doctor with our son and were stuck in traffic.. We called to inform the doctor we were running late and he didn't bother to get on the phone, just had his admin tell us to re-schedule as he was leaving for the day.. We explained that we were not that far but it didn't matter... Any Doctor that can't wait for an extra 15-20 because he wants to be out by 4:00pm to catch a tee time or whatever he's got going, is not worth my time...

Posted on January 15th, 2010

Our son had a rare problem. I couldn't have been happier with my sons care. We went to visit other doctors in the area and in NY and Phila, and were happy we went with Dr. Barone.

Posted on January 15th, 2010

Honestly, you do wait a little for the appointment but it is really worth it. My son had robotic surgery with Dr. Barone and things went great.

Posted on September 23rd, 2017