Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Paula G  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2014

My son was born with a condition called hypospaidas. I saw 3 different doctors and let Dr. Barone do the surgery because he was the only one who did this procedure without a catheter. All the others wanted my son to have a catheter for a week...YUK! Anyway, everything went great and could not be happier.

Feb 19th, 2014

Great experience. Did take a long time to get in to see him but I guess that means he has lots of patients.

Jun 25th, 2013

We went to see Dr. Barone on a referral from our pediatrician. He was still experiencing nightly incontinence as a 10 year old. We arrived at the appointment and they told us we didn't have one and we would have to reschedule even though it took us an hour to get there and my husband took time off of work to be there. The staff could not fathom that the scheduling error was there's and told us that even though the Doctor was there, it was his early day and was not going to see us. After some heated back and forth with the rude receptionist, he conceded to see us. The nurse did a quick test measuring urine flow and then we met Dr. Barone. His beside manner was brusque and condescending. We sought him out b/c our pediatrician said he had a wonderfully successful program to "cure" this type of incontinence in children. He basically write my son a prescription and handed it to me. When I asked him about the type of medication and its side effects, he was visually irritated and told me there was none. I asked about the "behavioral therapy" that my doctor had told me about and he dismissed me and said you wil have to make another appointment. Leaving his office, we felt ripped off. It was not the visit we expected. Later that night I picked up his RX at the pharmacy and read the warnings and description that came along with it. When I asked the pharmacist about the warning of suicidal feelings, he explained that it was one a first generation antidepressant from back in the 60's. Really? No side effects to the meds Dr. Barone? Who does this kind of thing? Upset, I called the office the next day and he would not field any questions or call me back. I was told I needed an appointment. I wouldn't have needed an appointment if he had answered my question on that first day and had been honest with me. I returned the script to the pharmacy since there was no way I was going to give my child an antidepressant regardless of what other value it had. The possible consequences outweighed the benefits for us. The kick in the pants was when our explanation of benefits arrived from our insurance company. Dr. Barone's office charged us for thousands of dollars of "surgery". When we called about this, we were told that the bill was correct and that the large sum was for the simple urinary flow assessment they did. Really? Thousands of dollars for that? Dr. Barone, you are a fraud and a rip off. If you need a pediatric urologist, go to CHOP. Those doctors truly love what they do. They are the top in their field and have the utmost respect for their young patients and their families. If you are ever referred to Dr. Barone, run!

|  Might be known as a good surgeon, but one of the poorest communicators I have ever met!  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I took my son at 2 weeks old to see Dr. Barone regarding an issue with one of his kidneys. I had met him previously for a pre-natal visit; he was recommended by my OB/GYN, and he seemed professional and courteous when my husband and I went to see him. However, when I took my son to see Dr. Barone the mood was vastly different.We had to wait for over an hour, and not to mention the crazy person he has working at the front desk. She must have asked me 10 times for my insurance and ID cards when I had already given them to her, and it took her longer than it should have to process my paperwork and co-payment, even though I had been to the office before. Finally after we saw the Doctor, he barely said hello to me, and then reviewed my son's case like it was something routine. Maybe he didn't care as much because my son's condition is common, and doesn't require surgery, so Barone won't be making much money off of him. Regardless, he has terrible communication skills and his bedside manner is non-existent; a corpse honestly has more personality than this man!I am not saying that every doctor should have a sparkling personality, but at least speak in complete sentences and don't give me a "deer in the headlights" stare when I ask you a question.Another thing is that he will not come to the phone if you have a question; you have to make an appointment to see him!! Sure, I don't mind driving 45 minutes in traffic both ways, and then pay another co-payment so you could spend 5 minutes with me and speak to me like I am an idiot!Needless to say, I have found another pediatric urologist that I am happy with; we won't be going back to Dr. Barone, and I would discourage anyone from using him as their child's pediatric urologist.

|  If your child has a rare tumor that he know nothing about he wont even call you back  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

Dr. Barone has bee seeing our daughters for over 12 years, my 6yr old was DX with a rare bladder tumor and he know nothing about ir, he was just guessing what he should do. We called him several times and the last time was on 12-16-11, when we were told that nobody could answer our questions till after new years, we could not get an answer as to what medicine she was to stay on. I am so disappointed in him. At one time we thought he was a wonderful DR. He fixed my daughters reflux, but when we really needed his help he could not even answer a few questions.

|  Thought we would never be out of diapers!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Great Doctor! Great staff!

|  Don't bother to setup up appointment  |  show details
by Poorly Treated on Oct 22nd, 2010

We were on our way to see this doctor with our son and were stuck in traffic.. We called to inform the doctor we were running late and he didn't bother to get on the phone, just had his admin tell us to re-schedule as he was leaving for the day.. We explained that we were not that far but it didn't matter... Any Doctor that can't wait for an extra 15-20 because he wants to be out by 4:00pm to catch a tee time or whatever he's got going, is not worth my time...

|  A very good pediatric urologist!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 22nd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr Barone is one of the very best when it comes to Pediatric Urology. He has been our daughters doctor since birth and has always dealt wit...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Pediatric Urologist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 18th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Barone is pediatric urologist. He is very good with children and makes them feel at ease. He is a good specialist.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Jan 15th, 2010

Our son had a rare problem. I couldn't have been happier with my sons care. We went to visit other doctors in the area and in NY and Phila, and were happy we went with Dr. Barone.

Jan 15th, 2010

Honestly, you do wait a little for the appointment but it is really worth it. My son had robotic surgery with Dr. Barone and things went great.