Dr. Joseph Behan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Dallas, TX

May 3rd, 2016
VERY ANGRY AND UPSET!!!!
I rated accurate diagnosis as poor because I had blood work and a paps mean exactly one month ago and still have not received the results. I called the office yesterday and was told a nurse would call me back. I never received a call back. I called today and was told that yesterday they were "Slammed" and that is why nobody returned my call yesterday. She said there is a note in my folder saying I called and a nurse will call me just as soon as she can but it will most likely be at the end of the day. I never received that call. This was my first visit to Dr. Behan. He seems like a good doctor. I am very upset and angry that his staff evidently does not feel that this patient is worthwhile enough to provide me with the results of my lab work from a month ago. Since his office staff does not follow up and he obviously does not follow up with his staff to find out if they have followed up with the patients I will not be returning as a patient.

September 6th, 2015
shame on you Dr. Behan
Worst decision I've ever made. Dr. Behan has no sense of his patients time . I've have come and waited an hour and thirty minutes with no remorse from him. He doesn't listen to the patient. Everytime I talk to him it goes in one ear and out the other which allows him to state the exact same statement I've previously said. I have to constantly ask him about my lab results instead of him being forthcoming with the results. He is a very poor doctor treats his patients as a number and not a human being. I've seen Dr. Behan every two weeks since I was 26 weeks and now every week he still doesn't remember saying "He's measuring big". It's very frustrating when you feel like your doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. He gave me two different dates and went with a dates when I was eight weeks pregnant from results of another hospital. I tell him about the extreme pain I'm in to the point I can barely walk and he says that's normal. I'm so ready for this experience to be over I would never recommend anyone I know to go to him.

April 27th, 2015
NFP-only gynecologist
Dr. Behan is an NFP-only gynecologist. He spends as much time with each patient as needed, and he really listens. He was the only doctor who suggested a particular test that I needed, and this may very well have saved my life. NOTE: Dr. Behan, as a practicing Catholic, does not do contraception. There are women who travel far for his unique practice, so people who want contraception can go to the 99.9% of OB/GYN's who presribe it, but that's not what Dr. Behan does.

December 16th, 2013
Good doctor and can tell he cares however it's unfortunate on how his staff could be so disorganized. took me 8 calls to make an appointment because no one would pick up or never heard back after i left a message. the reason i was persistent because he was the only pro life doctor known of at that time. however found out there are others now. furthermore, when i would leave messages for the nurse or assistant did not receive call backs until I bothered them so much. the staff as a whole could get some training on patient care and promptness or should should hire an operations manager to oversee everything.

May 19th, 2013
Mom of 5
Best birth experience. Behan listened to every request we had (pretty specific after having 5 births). He was excellent in knowledge yet so caring and kind. He truly loves babies - he has 7 himself. I would highly recommend Dr. Behan.

May 1st, 2013
Excellent Doctor, he saved my life.
He has been a great doctor for me for more than 7 years, I had my two children with him, both pregnancies were high risk, the last year he ask for a long questionnaire that I fill out online, however, he ask me again when I was in his office, I was kind of mad, because, I wanted to finished the visit faster, I think he noticed it. However he told me he noticed some strange information. Even it was not his area, he ask me some other questions about my general health, he immediately send me to the neurologist, I went, I was almost having a brain stroke. Sometimes it takes time the appointments, however, I can tell you... It worth it...

November 11th, 2012
Great doc!
He's a little quirky BUT he has a great sense of humor and does take his time with each and every patient. His staff has always been super courteous. The only thing I don't like is how they validate parking only for pregnant women - for someone who just lost two babies that hurts. His staff has always been kind and gentle. His sonogram lady is also very sweet and patient. I am happy to be his patient. He is worth your time.

August 9th, 2012
Highly recommend Dr. Behan
My husband and I just had our first baby and it was a wonderful experience. Dr. Behan is very knowledgeable, kind, funny, and does not rush on his visits. He gives you plenty of time to ask questions. I explained what my wishes were for delivery and these were carried out.I was very pleased with the visits at his office as well as his skills during delivery. I felt that I could trust that he would do the right thing for both myself and our new baby, and this was of utmost importance to me! We plan to use him for the other children we may have in the future.

July 26th, 2011
Great doctor, great sense of humor, great visits
I like Dr. Behan's philosophical views of the human body, I really appreciate his frank honesty and I loooove his sense of humor and bedside manner. I highly recommend him to other Catholic women in need of a friendly, honest, to-the-point, funny, great OB/GYN.

April 15th, 2010
Awesome!
I went to Dr. Behan for my first pregnancy and let me tell you, everybody there is so cool. They don't look at you like "Oh, it's just another patient..." they really got to know my husband and I. They were real helpful though it all (I had some complications). He truly is funny and very nice. I give him (and his staff) a Five star rating.

September 30th, 2009
We are very happy with Dr. Behan and his staff.His staff are very courteous and try to work around your sched.Dr. Behan has a great sense of humor and is genuinely concerned about his patients. He has excellent bedside manners and takes his time to answer all questions/concerns. We Moreover, he is among the very few physicians we know who truly values the gift of life (NFP-only physicians are one in a million!). Our family had a wonderful experience during labor and delivery (he was even trying to tell our 3-y/o jokes). We would definitely recommend him to others.

September 1st, 2009
Dr behan was recommended to me by a friend and i can honestly say he is a WONDERFUL he makes you feel very comfortable and his sense of humor helps put you at ease . I HIGHLY RECOMEND HIM!!:)