Dr. Joseph Allen Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Webster, TX

no change

February 23rd, 2016
Treated seperately fo back pain and knee injury.
I have the absolute highest regard for this doctor. I first saw him for a badly herniated disc. I was in so much pain in would have gladly agreed to surgery. He is very conservative though and successfully treated me with physical therapy. I tore my meniscus a few years later. We tried conservative approaches but I ultimately opted for a successful surgery. I've sent several friends and colleagues to him over the years and everyone has given I'm a ten out of ten score. I'd never go any where else!

March 27th, 2014
Dr. Allen is FOR ALL PEOPLE... FRIENDLY DOCTOR!!! YEAH!!!
Dr. Allen is very patient in explaining what is going on with your body. He spent a great deal of time making sure I understood all the types of medicines he prescribed and what they would do for me. I recommend him to any and everyone. I have read other post where some people comment that he promotes surgery and that is absolutely false. He immediately told me that I would NOT need surgery and the physical therapy would be the best for my situation. I have absolute trust in him. Not to mention he is down to earth, funny and same-sex friendly. He believes that "EVERYONE" straight or same-sex should have the right to marry. I know that has nothing to do with him being a great orthopedic surgeon but it makes me like him and his morals/personality even more. He is my doctor of choice!

March 28th, 2013
Personal Care, Highly Recommend!
I would highly recommend Dr. Allen to anyone who is looking for a personalized and conservative treatment plan. He remembered me and my symptoms from visit to visit and when I saw him with major back pain and said "fix me" he didn't just do surgery, we tried EVERY alternative treatment before finally doing surgery. I feel like he truly cared about me and my progress and got to know me throughout my 10 month treatment with him. Post back surgery I have no complaints either, no pain, no discomfort and returned back to 100% prior to my disc herniation.

October 16th, 2012
Dropped me without an exam or talking
Dr. decided to drop me because I refused surgery even though I did everything else he asked me to do. Released me to go back to work with no restrictions without an exam or even talking to me about it, and I am still in need of medical care. Surgery or nothing is this doctors attitude.

October 25th, 2011
Perform surgery on my broken leg at memorial hospital
In my opinion, he is the worst doctor. Doesn't care about you tthat much. Barely talk to you. Stay away from him. I don't have a choice since the hospital pick him to do my surgery.

February 10th, 2011
He has change my live and not for the good. Make sure you get second opion from a DR outside his office before any surgey.

May 29th, 2009
Very conservative approach for a surgeon. Promotes physical therapy and good re-hab fundamentals. Not 'just' a surgeon !